2020 Draft: Day One

pwny

Also can someone explain to me why Alfie was trying to claim that the Jaguars picking a player at a position of need was proof BAP isn’t real? Like there’s a legit argument that 30/32 picks made in the first round were at a position of need for the Jaguars. This was the worst possible use case to rail on that point.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pwny said:

Also can someone explain to me why Alfie was trying to claim that the Jaguars picking a player at a position of need was proof BAP isn’t real? Like there’s a legit argument that 30/32 picks made in the first round were at a position of need for the Jaguars. This was the worst possible use case to rail on that point.

I think the argument would be...It was kinda telegraphed that they'd go CB very early, because they've made at least small/depth moves to shore up other positions.  Or at least have "a guy".  Where at CB...they literally may not have had a true starting caliber outside NFL CB on the roster.  It was even discussed in FFMD here, that it was pretty much a "must" to go CB in Rnd1 or 2 at the latest, because of the dire state of affairs there.

Pretty much every other position is a "need" too...but CB was on a different level of urgency for them, and it seemed pretty obvious.