37 members have voted

1. 1. Player of the Game?

• Aaron Rodgers
    • Jordy Nelson
    • Josh Jones
    • Kevin King
    • Ty Montgomery

16 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

I think right now late season Cook > Bennett.  Cook was invisible the first few weeks of the season and then got hurt.  I keep hearing how Cook is faster than Bennett, but how does Kendricks compare?  

If the idea is throw Lance out there more because he's fast... I'd pass on that one. 

Get this feeling Bennett might not be 100%

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

If the idea is throw Lance out there more because he's fast... I'd pass on that one. 

Get this feeling Bennett might not be 100%

I was just curious.  I'd agree Bennett has something going on though..he's seemed off.

Just now, KFP7 said:

I was just curious.  I'd agree Bennett has something going on though..he's seemed off.

I'd have told ya Bennett is faster but Jesus it looks close now to me. Maybe I'm nuts. Just not enough speed edge to Lance to think he'd be a lot more effective.

23 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

So do we think Cook > Bennett? Or have we just been so beat up on OL that we haven't been able to turn Bennett loose? Down the stretch last year, Cook was a monster, including in the Dallas game, and he and Rodgers started clicking after he got back from injury. In 3 games, I haven't seen Bennett do anything in the passing game that DickRod can't do. 

Last year in his first 3 games with us Cook had 6 receptions for 53 yards and no TDs.  So far Bennett has 11 receptions for 101 yards and no TDs.  I think it is a tad early to be giving up on Bennett.

7 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Last year in his first 3 games with us Cook had 6 receptions for 53 yards and no TDs.  So far Bennett has 11 receptions for 101 yards and no TDs.  I think it is a tad early to be giving up on Bennett.

Yep agreed. I really thought he'd have a RZ TD at least by now

12 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

He would if Rodgers to Jordy wasn't the arguable best red zone combination ever (slight homerism here).

Yeah maybe. I just thought I'd see some impact receptions by now. Disappointing but nothing too scary just yet.

5 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Yeah maybe. I just thought I'd see some impact receptions by now. Disappointing but nothing too scary just yet.

Agreed.  It would be interesting to see if teams have been game-planning around him.  I remember last year when Cook went down rodgers and Mac talked about how he had been drawing constant double teams which opened it up for everyone else. And this is off topic but do we root for Min or Detroit?  Detroit seems like a much better team to me this year.

Bennett drew 2 guys on the shot to Geronimo, he was very open on the red zone pick play (correctly executed, correct non-call) on the slant.  Rodgers decided to float one towards Jordy instead, but glad Romo called him out on it. 

Rodgers needs to build trust.  This is less about Bennett I think, and much more about Rodgers.

17 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Bennett drew 2 guys on the shot to Geronimo, he was very open on the red zone pick play (correctly executed, correct non-call) on the slant.  Rodgers decided to float one towards Jordy instead, but glad Romo called him out on it. 

Rodgers needs to build trust.  This is less about Bennett I think, and much more about Rodgers.

Agree I also multiple plays where they ran Bennett on a short out route and instead of throwing the ball and seeing if Bennett could get a first down Rodgers ran out of bounds. 

10 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Do we realistically think that anyone who didn't play today plays on Thursday? I'm thinking maybe House? Maybe Cobb? I'm thinking Daniels, Perry and Bakh will certainly be out, and probably Bulaga as well. Could see Ryan and/or Brice back I guess, although to me, they are less important. 

Yeah it would be a pleasant surprise if any of the guys who missed yesterday are active for this one. Would love if even 1 or 2 of them can go but on a short week it's probably pushing it. Missing this game gives all of those guys a few extra days of rest prior to the game @ Dallas

Think the only real shot for anyone to return is a guy with no chance of re-injury. Think that's only Cobb (chest contusion). Though I think with a full complement of weapons we could do the same thing to the Bears we did last year where Rodgers ended up with 39 completions. Short passes where we YAC them down the field. We have the guys to do it.

Defensively, would be nice to get Ryan back and they'll probably run 30 times. We had to run nitro on run downs because we had no bodies. Thomas is essentially a slower version of Jones/Burnett.

Archived