Twins Talk - Where Snow Outs Happen

The Gnat

Oh ****, I forgot we had our own sub.

So this season blows, however it seemed inevitable when we went from 'playoffs!' to 'rebuild' then back to 'playoffs!' and now missing. It doesn't help when two of our young cornerstones regress horribly. I'm fairly confident Sano figures it out, but Buxton. Yikes. Between unable to stay healthy, and having an approach at the plate that is basically guessing, I'm not even sure he knows what he's doing. Upon being sent down he didn't exactly blow anyone away before going on DL.

This offseason is going to be the most crucial for Falvine in deciding where this team goes. We have a lot of contracts that are done and we should have some major room in the budget. At the same time, we have so many holes minus signing 2-3 major free agents (will never happen), we're not close to competing. Apart from the personnel problem, I do think we have a problem with our coaching, specifically our manager. I love Molly, but I really wish he didn't sign an extension last year. I get it, we had to sign him after last season, but between him making the same mistakes (bullpen usage), I really hated the earlier attitude about 'playing the right way' he illustrated. I also don't think he's the guy for us moving forward. I honestly can't tell you what the best move is for Falvine, because this is leading right to baseball purgatory. Not good enough to challenge for the playoffs, not bad enough for a top pick.

Good thing for Falvine is that we have both a good farm system and lots of budget space, so they should have flexibility to do what they decide is best. 

• 2 weeks later...

So while the major league team is en fuego (I probably butchered that), I have to say I haven't been this excited about our minor league system as a whole in a while. I love the sheer amount of talent we have throughout the system. With Terry Ryan teams the talent level would really crater after the first 10 or so, but under Falvine we have guys in the early 20s who have interesting potential. Pitching especially has depth that I haven't seen in a while.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Twins have done pretty well to start the season. Getting 2 of 3 from the Indians is a really nice way to start.

I like the fact that it was a close win, a close loss, and then a big win, nice to see the Twins win a close game.

Could we finally have an ace in Berrios?