Twins Talk - Where Snow Outs Happen

The Gnat

A lot of people roll their eyes when I say this but I really am excited about this team this year. They're going to be nice. As much I liked Molitor, Rocco brings an energy that we didn't have with Molitor. The additions of Cruz, Cron, and Schoop are bigger than people know, as it adds a power to our lineup that we have lacked for years, and I think our rotation is going to be the best it's been in recent memory (Berrios, Odorizzi, Pineda, Gibson) 

That being said, I don't see any reason we shouldn't be battling with the Indians for the division title. It's going to be a battle, but I'm pretty set on us winning the division. Could this be our greatest team since 2010? Yes. Maybe even better. This team reminds me of our 2006 team in a sense. Again, people may roll my eyes when I say all of this, but that's my gut and analytical analysis right now. 

Edited by SkolMasterMN

Twins 2-1 thus far in 1 run games. That is a good sign. That was one of the biggest issues last year is that the Twins weren't getting creamed early on, they were (and continued to) lose every close game. 15-21 last year in one run games. Flip those numbers and you get a 84 wins.

• Like 1

Yeah the Twins have most of the hitters going this year. Cron looks like he's heating up and Marwin Gonzalez is also starting to hit. It's fun to see guys like Polanco, Buxton, and Garver hitting really well, because we need those young players to start doing there thing.

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

Bullpen blows 2 games against the Blue Jays. O.o

This is a serious issue that we need to address if we want to win the division, because these games are going to add up over time quickly with a bullpen like this. We would be 10-4 right now instead of 8-6 if our bullpen didn't implode. Sign someone! 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, SkolMasterMN said:

This team might be the most likable team we've had in over a decade. There isn't a guy in our lineup I can complain about right now. This is awesome.

Yeah, I feel like we have more personality on this team or more personality that is stepping up (since a number of the players haven't changed) than we have had previous years. I think that Mauer kept things a bit more subdued, and while Dozier would try and bring up the energy level, I'm not sure with Gardy/Molitor that the players felt as comfortable just being themselves.

3 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Yeah, I feel like we have more personality on this team or more personality that is stepping up (since a number of the players haven't changed) than we have had previous years. I think that Mauer kept things a bit more subdued, and while Dozier would try and bring up the energy level, I'm not sure with Gardy/Molitor that the players felt as comfortable just being themselves.

Definitely. Rocco as manager was what this team needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Twins scored 40 runs in a 4 game series this weekend against the Mariners. That was an impressive seeming series, since I didn't watch any of it since it was on the west coast. The highlights looked good though.

At this point, over half way through May, the Twins have the 2nd best record in the American League and all of baseball. Most runs scored, 3rd most hits, 3rd most HR's and 2nd best OPS. Sano even came back and got into the HR party.