With the 10th pick, the Browns select OT Jedrick Wills

zelbell

WIlls isn't the biggest for the position and isn't as athletic as Becton or Thomas.  However they did run a wide zone blocking scheme at Alabama.  So if we run that here (which all indications point to) he fits that scheme perfectly.  Also the differences between RT and LT are now negligible.  Most teams have 2 very good pass rushers so you need 2 solid bookend tackles.

Wirfs (IMO) is a guard not a tackle.  Thomas was the one I wanted because I figured Wills we be gone and they were 1A and 1B.  Becton has the highest upside.  He is the highest boom or bust with the failed test and, if not motivated, will eat himself out of the league.

So IMO the Browns got the Highest (or second highest rated but both were close) OT on the board.  He was number 1 on their board they couldn't believe he was there and obviously had the pick in as soon as it became available.

So what does this show us?  They have a plan and are sticking to it.  Can Berry ID football players?  We will see but I like the pick.

• Like 4

I spend far too much time scouting offensive linemen and Wills was my #2 OT in this year's class. He's about as polished of a technician as you'll find at the position. Great posture, great flexibility, great footwork. Athletic enough to mirror speed rushers and strong enough to bully guys in the run game. 

He doesn't have as high of a ceiling as Thomas, Becton, or Wirfs, but he's the safest prospect of the 4 and should be a day 1 impact player on that offensive line. Great pick. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, BooyaCS09 said:

WIlls isn't the biggest for the position and isn't as athletic as Becton or Thomas.  However they did run a wide zone blocking scheme at Alabama.  So if we run that here (which all indications point to) he fits that scheme perfectly.  Also the differences between RT and LT are now negligible.  Most teams have 2 very good pass rushers so you need 2 solid bookend tackles.

Wirfs (IMO) is a guard not a tackle.  Thomas was the one I wanted because I figured Wills we be gone and they were 1A and 1B.  Becton has the highest upside.  He is the highest boom or bust with the failed test and, if not motivated, will eat himself out of the league.

So IMO the Browns got the Highest (or second highest rated but both were close) OT on the board.  He was number 1 on their board they couldn't believe he was there and obviously had the pick in as soon as it became available.

So what does this show us?  They have a plan and are sticking to it.  Can Berry ID football players?  We will see but I like the pick.

Good post and nice to have ya back, Booya.