11th Pick Mekhi Becton

Bobby816

6 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

As I've said, I think you trust that Douglas did his due diligence and then some. For someone who prioritizes character, he wasn't going to jeopardize that stance with his first draft pick as a GM. 

Douglas putting in the extra work.   Sounds like this was the guy he really settled on and he got him.   Love it

• Like 3

@Dr.O was it you who mentioned your dad said look at Joe Douglas, does he look like he’s going to draft a WR with the first pick? Haha. He was spot on. We just need to find the meanest guys on the football field who don’t commit penalties. Those are Douglas picks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I’ll watch tonight for sure. And I never said he has character concerns. I said maturity issues. I in fact yesterday all day was saying I think he absolutely loves football when others were questioning that. I don’t question his heart 1 but. I question his maturity. To fail a drug test at the combine any way you slice it is immature. 

Thanks for this.  I get it. And you are right.  He's a big kid.  21 right?  Did you see him w/his family crying...?  And his coach who talked about him having soul?  When you do watch, coach said no worries about him being a problem for that locker room.  I believe him.  Also, I want to hear the JD-Becton exchange before the pick again, but when JD said something like.. "you remember what we talked about?" They spoke after the test red flag.  Good.  That means the issue was discussed and JD was satisfied with the outcome and picking him shows he trusts it is not going to be a further problem.   I already see a relationship of trust growing there which looks good in that regard.  But I doubt he's dealt with Gase yet O.o 

p.s.  O.o <--- This is Gase.  The resemblance is incredible. Something with those eyes...

2 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

@Dr.O was it you who mentioned your dad said look at Joe Douglas, does he look like he’s going to draft a WR with the first pick? Haha. He was spot on. We just need to find the meanest guys on the football field who don’t commit penalties. Those are Douglas picks. 

Yes it was lmao...I’m gonna ask him who we’re taking next. He will speak it into existence.

• Like 1

I hope he pans out. If he is the next D'Brickashaw, great. But I still want the next Al Toon. I guess it's a philosophical thing. Personally, I do not believe in drafting a lineman when you are devoid of a No. 1 wide receiver (and there is one available where you are drafting). I hope I am wrong but I think passing on Jeudy will hurt. I was going to say haunt but there are just too many things that already haunt this franchise that this mistake pales in comparison.