Jump to content
Bobby816

11th Pick Mekhi Becton

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, xrade said:

We can only hope he busts since he is on Miami.  I honestly think the draft for Miami was not that good.  There were many higher rated draft prospects at each slot they chose.  It almost feels like they were trying to channel their inner Belicheck and "outsmart" everyone else.  Time will tell.

Yeah. I like a few of their early picks. The Corner has potential, I like Robert Hunt too. But overall they had a chance to own the drafts and didn’t. We’ll see about Tua, kid should be legit if he’s healthy but we’ll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gase and the team were interviewing Becton at the combine and Pollack(OL coach) was showing Becton a clip where he was mauling a guy in the run game and he got about 20 yards down field out of bounds and Becton gave him one more beating and Pollack said "A little late on that dont you think" and Becton responded...

"He should have went down"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

Gase and the team were interviewing Becton at the combine and Pollack(OL coach) was showing Becton a clip where he was mauling a guy in the run game and he got about 20 yards down field out of bounds and Becton gave him one more beating and Pollack said "A little late on that dont you think" and Becton responded...

"He should have went down"

 

We need dis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love 77 for lineman

 

Need Becton to be the offensive version of Kris Jenkins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Love 77 for lineman

 

Need Becton to be the offensive version of Kris Jenkins

I miss Kris Jenkins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bianconero said:

I miss Kris Jenkins

Yea, he was dominant when healthy and had a really fun personality.

But gotta give the Jets credit for one thing, whether it be luck or good scouting, we have had the best NT situation in the league for the past 12 years.  From Jenkins to Pouha, to Snacks to now McLendon and unearthed another gem in Fatukasi, its been a crazy run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Yea, he was dominant when healthy and had a really fun personality.

But gotta give the Jets credit for one thing, whether it be luck or good scouting, we have had the best NT situation in the league for the past 12 years.  From Jenkins to Pouha, to Snacks to now McLendon and unearthed another gem in Fatukasi, its been a crazy run.

Ugh, it all went downhill when the jets let snacks go and signed Wilkerson.

 

I really wanted Snacks over Wilkerson cause we had Richardson and William's.  Snacks was a stud.

Fatukasi looking like a gem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know anything about the offseason workouts that Becton and Clark did. Was it a lot of work on fundamentals I hope. Especially in pass sets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Anyone know anything about the offseason workouts that Becton and Clark did. Was it a lot of work on fundamentals I hope. Especially in pass sets

I think it was with they OL guru Duke Manyweather who also works with Trent Brown, Lane Johnson, Mitchell Schwartz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think it was with they OL guru Duke Manyweather who also works with Trent Brown, Lane Johnson, Mitchell Schwartz.

Awesome!!! Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×