11th Pick Mekhi Becton

Bobby816

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I hope we draft a guy I like at 48 at WR, but until that happens. I remain very pessimistic for us at WR

We'll probably draft two before tomorrow is over.  Where's your boy Lamb thought he was the best WR in this class?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Wirfs was my number 1 player and I was shocked he was there.  I wanted him bad.  I'll trust JD though.  I thought Wirfs athleticism was going to appeal to JD even more so then Becton but I guess not.

For what it’s worth, Joe Thomas thought Wirfs was the 4th best option for ZBS.

• Like 2

The pff review 

PICK 11: NEW YORK JETS — T MEKHI BECTON, LOUISVILLE

I wish I had good news for Jets fans, but taking Mekhi Becton over a wide receiver like Jerry Jeudy, CeeDee Lamb or Henry Ruggs III is a head-scratching move. At 6-foot-7, 364 pounds with 35 5/8-inch arms and a 40 time of 5.1 seconds, there’s no question that Becton is just a different animal than anyone on the field and has the athleticism and physical tools you want at the position. The only issue is that there is no production to show for it — he’s really all potential at this point. Not only did he face a rather weak slate of pass-rushers in 2019, but he was also protected in Louisville’s scheme. The fact he saw only 73 true pass sets is one concern, but the fact he allowed eight pressures on those reps is an even larger concern. Becton is a monster who can toss guys around, but we were hesitant to call him a first-round prospect before the night started.

“She can make anything and everything,” Mekhi said. “Mac and cheese. Fried chicken. Collared greens. That’s a good plate right there. You have your starch and greens.”

During his three years at Louisville, Becton had to learn the discipline to maintain his weight

This is exactly what I don't like.

Just now, Abe56 said:

The pff review 

PICK 11: NEW YORK JETS — T MEKHI BECTON, LOUISVILLE

I wish I had good news for Jets fans, but taking Mekhi Becton over a wide receiver like Jerry Jeudy, CeeDee Lamb or Henry Ruggs III is a head-scratching move. At 6-foot-7, 364 pounds with 35 5/8-inch arms and a 40 time of 5.1 seconds, there’s no question that Becton is just a different animal than anyone on the field and has the athleticism and physical tools you want at the position. The only issue is that there is no production to show for it — he’s really all potential at this point. Not only did he face a rather weak slate of pass-rushers in 2019, but he was also protected in Louisville’s scheme. The fact he saw only 73 true pass sets is one concern, but the fact he allowed eight pressures on those reps is an even larger concern. Becton is a monster who can toss guys around, but we were hesitant to call him a first-round prospect before the night started.

PFF has been the lowest on Becton of anyone this entire process.   Good thing i don't care what they have to say.  Josh Jones is their highest rated pass blocking OT in college last year and the guy can't even do a pass set.

8 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

For what it’s worth, Joe Thomas thought Wirfs was the 4th best option for ZBS.

Interesting take.  What do I know lol.  Very happy we are protecting the investment Sam.

Now you let Edoga and Becton battle it out for RT and eventually move Becton to LT or keep him on the right side if Fant plays well.

We actually have depth on the OL for the first time a long time.  Blows my mind people are legit upset with that.

We'll get the WR people take a deep breath.

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1