11th Pick Mekhi Becton

Bobby816

5 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

PFF has been the lowest on Becton of anyone this entire process.   Good thing i don't care what they have to say.  Josh Jones is their highest rated pass blocking OT in college last year and the guy can't even do a pass set.

They thought we made a good pick last year with Q. I value their opinion but stop putting them in a pedestal after that.

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

He said that's a good plate, starch and greens. Meaning, this is good to eat.

He'll be fine.  He looked pretty damn slim tonight... smaller than at the combine.  I'd guess 345-350.  He was 17% body fat at the combine at 364

The bigger issue is taking Becton over Wirfs.  Many thought Wirfs was a perfect RT for us, nice and athletic for JD and Gase, plus somewhat of a safe pick.  While Becton failed a drug test and has weight issues.  IDC about his conditioning freshman year, that was three years ago.  Last thing I want is this guy to balloon up to 380 and be out of the league in 4 years.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

Interesting take.  What do I know lol.  Very happy we are protecting the investment.

Now you let Edoga and Becton battle it out for RT and eventually move Becton to LT or keep him on the right side of Fant plays well.

We actually have depth on the OL for the first time a long time.  Blows my mind people are legit upset with that.

We'll get the WR people take a deep breath.

Great players don’t equal great coaches or scouts. Jordan Palmer is a QB guru and never has thrown a NFL TD.

I don't want to be super negative, but we picked a guy who's basically all potential. Little production in terms of actually being tested.

And this is in a year where we're not going to have an offseason program. So, when is he going to learn and improve? During the season? I hope he's a fast learner.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

PFF has been the lowest on Becton of anyone this entire process.   Good thing i don't care what they have to say.  Josh Jones is their highest rated pass blocking OT in college last year and the guy can't even do a pass set.

They thought Edoga was amazing, so I really don't care about them.

A lot of evaluators I respect are really high on Becton.  Our OL looks better now, maybe Bell can actually produce next season. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

He'll be fine.  He looked pretty damn slim tonight... smaller than at the combine.  I'd guess 345-350.  He was 17% body fat at the combine at 364

They did his DEXA scan?? I can't see him at 17%. I'd have to check how some Strongmen are.  I want to say Hapthor is 10-15%.

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

They did his DEXA scan?? I can't see him at 17%. I'd have to check how some Strongmen are.  I want to say Hapthor is 10-15%.

I wasn't there i can only tell you what they released.  He was the lowest body fat of the OT's.  So ya... he is not the one to worry about being a fatty, he's just massive.  

• Like 1