11th Pick Mekhi Becton

Bobby816

7 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

No one questions his raw talent (I don’t think). But it’s exactly that... raw talent. Along with a flagged drug test. That’s what has some of us worried. We are all cheering for him. But it’s completely normal to be worried about him as a prospect. 

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

No one questions his raw talent (I don’t think). But it’s exactly that... raw talent. Along with a flagged drug test. That’s what has some of us worried. We are all cheering for him. But it’s completely normal to be worried about him as a prospect. 

Never said it wasn't..?

Douglas is a guy who prioritizes culture/character so if he's good with Becton I feel a lot better about the drug test. I'm a big fan, having guys like Baldy/Jeremiah in your corner is reassuring. 

1 minute ago, NJC33 said:

Never said it wasn't..?

Douglas is a guy who prioritizes culture/character so if he's good with Becton I feel a lot better about the drug test. I'm a big fan, having guys like Baldy/Jeremiah in your corner is reassuring. 

Understandable... I don’t trust a 1st year GM as much as you do. But I totally get your viewpoint. 

Just now, rampantjet said:

If we trust him with anything i hope it is OL.

I trust him to find gems on the OL. An 11th draft OT isn’t exactly a gem. Do I hope he’s a franchise OT? 100%. But I’d still bet Wirfs has a better career in TB

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Wilson goes Round 1 who I was just talking about earlier as Becton lite

Wilson doesn't fit in with our zone scheme as much, hes not as athletic nor has as good of footwork.   Them drafting Becton says they plan on playing him at LT. Fant is pretty much beat and gonna compete at RT. 

1 minute ago, NYJets4716 said:

Wilson doesn't fit in with our zone scheme as much, hes not as athletic nor has as good of footwork.   Them drafting Becton says they plan on playing him at LT. Fant is pretty much beat and gonna compete at RT. 

I disagree. I think Fant is our starting LT and Becton will be our RT. But Becton could move to LT eventually in a year or 2.

• Like 2

I really hate this pick but I hope he is our LT for the next 10 years. I think Wirfs would have been a better pick or a WR but like most said at least we did not go DL AGAIN!!!!

I think Fulton should be the next pick at 48 or trade down. Pats going Jake Fromm for their QB

If we're able to pull someone like Yannick or Clowney, they would be perfect for Becton to train against this summer. 

As I mentioned before, I love him as an LT but it's great that he can be an RT as well. The ground game will improve and Sam will have more time & health. We just need our WRs now. 

• Like 1

I spend far too much scouting offensive linemen. You guys just got one of the best tackles I've graded in the last half decade (up there with Laremy Tunsil and Ronnie Stanley). He's a mountain of a man with incredibly quick feet and Mike Tyson level punches that leave his man disoriented. Similar to Tunsil, I think you guys got away with a steal due to a marijuana related incident (in this case, a failed drug test). 

Lamb or Jeudy would've been great, but you're looking at guys like Mims, Higgins, and Shenault in the 2nd round. You're not going to find anyone as game ready with the potential of Mekhi Becton. Home run pick. 

• Like 12