Pick #12 is in: WR Henry Ruggs, Alabama

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I don't hate the pick but I think it shows us that Mayock thinks he can get a big 6'3ish possession WR/ Red Zone threat later in the draft.  There are a bunch of those guys in the late 2nd/3rd round.  That is the only way Ruggs makes sense.  If we can nail that big possession WR Ruggs is very good value and compliments him well. 

Yeah that’s why I think we will look to trade out of #19.

Most competitive kid at Bama! Loads of speed. That play action is gonna be nasty, especially with Waller at TE!

I think CeeDee is the best WR in the draft but I think Ruggs is the best fit for the Raiders and what Gruden is trying to do.

12 minutes ago, NickButera said:

If he's a tyreek hill clone, there's no way he won't be a 1000 yard receiver. This guys playmaking ability with our already solid run game is going to be great for out offense. Not my first choice, but 6 of on,e half dozen of another. Either of these top 3 WR's are going to make us better in different ways, I'm sold. 

He will never be a 100 reception guy but I feel like Mayock can get that possession type WR later.  That must have been the plan all along.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FreshPrince said:

We tried to trade down? Couldn’t make a deal with Tampa? 

lol "tried to trade down."

thats not an excuse. if you couldnt trade down, then take the best guy on your board. if ruggs was the best guy on your board, you shouldnt have been trading down. it tells me they KNEW it would be a reach but just wanted "their guy" no matter what. same crap with ferrell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Turnobili said:

burden is all on gruden now to scheme Ruggs into success. could have gotten reagor 15 picks later for the same production

One obvious thing missing with Reagor is his awful hands. Ruggs has some of the best hands in the draft. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

why the default trust for the guy who reached for Ferrell last year and now Ruggs this year?

How is Ruggs a reach? Dude was Top 15 on 95% of boards. 

Just because he was chosen over Lamb and Jeudy doesn’t mean he’s a reach. It means he’s the best fit for Grudens Offense. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

He will never be a 100 reception guy but I feel like Mayock can get that possession type WR later.  That must have been the plan all along.

Yep you can always get those possession outside guys. You can’t teach Ruggs speed. And he’s actually extremely well-rounded.