Pick #12 is in: WR Henry Ruggs, Alabama

RaidersAreOne

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Vincent brings up a good point. 

Look how good the Chief and Texan Offense are with Tyreek Hill and Will Fuller and how average they are without them. Hill and Fuller make a HUGE monumental difference. People need to understand this. 

It’s because DC’s will respect the speed and play deep throughout the game and also cover the flats throughout the game. 

It opens everything else up, most of the game. 

Even as a “Carr Defender” I question how often Carr will actually throw deep.  That will be his make or break test this year.  I’ll gladly join your hate train if he doesn’t at least try some bombs when it’s semi open.  He’s gonna have to take chances and hopefully favor overthrows if anything and we’ll hope Ruggs can track them down.

• Like 1

Going to have to defend every part of the field vs the Raiders. Ruggs will opening up so much for this offense. Run game will help set up the deep ball as well. 

Ruggs might not be the best WR in the draft. But I think he was the best fit for what we need on offense. Big speed and great hands, and his yac ability is another big plus.

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Ruggs ran a 4.27 and was clocked at 24.5 MPH last season which would've broken Tyreek Hill's NFL record by 1.9 MPH. 

Wow 1.9MPH doesn’t seem like a ton but every .2-.3 over Hills record is pretty substantial.  I’m sure a ton of guys hit 21mph but only a handful hit 22mph.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/fastest-player-in-the-nfl-tyreek-hill-super-bowl-54/1tcjjyc0e6kem1bhzc3xhoa7ae

i looked it up, in ‘19 only 3 people hit 22mph with 22.03, 22.23, 22.3

Hitting 23 is crazy but 24.5 is literally ridiculous.

btw: Waller hit 21.76.... which I’m 99%
sure was from a TE screen pass that started from a dead stop.  You don’t see any other big guys on that list... and no one anywhere close to 6’6 255

4 hours ago, Turnobili said:

i'm in the "Carr is good enough" camp... i dont think Ruggs was the best fit for him, but if Carr doesnt show more downfield aggression with Ruggs and a healthy Tyrell... then that's when i'll jump off the ship

He just has to it’s no reason not to go downfield 

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

He just has to it’s no reason not to go downfield 

I’d have to find the game but post game interview, Mid 2018, Carr: “You can’t throw deep more than once a game. NFL defenses are too smart for that”. 

My jaw dropped. That was my turning point with Carr. I’ll try to find the video. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’d have to find the game but post game interview, Mid 2018, Carr: “You can’t throw deep more than once a game. NFL defenses are too smart for that”. 

My jaw dropped. That was my turning point with Carr. I’ll try to find the video. 

I know I know i know 

The bath robe was interesting 

Ignore this terrible music. 1:45 is absurd. 2 guys trying to keep him from the sideline and he goes for a 5 yard gain from 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Can't wait to see Ruggs HORIZONTAL impact, like Hill, and how it opens up the run game inside for Jacobs.

7:24 is also absolutely absurd.

One of the reasons why I wanted Ruggs is because it's gonna force Gruden to open things up on offense and be creative. This puts a lot of pressure on Gruden which is needed because the offense we saw the first two years was not creative and very vanilla. Ruggs should line up all over the field. Jet sweeps and touch passes should be heavily used.

Carr has shown from his early years to throw a good deep ball time to dust off that right arm cause he's gonna use it a lot. 

• Like 2