2020 Pick Tracker

Tetsujin

12 minutes ago, Jtownsfine5t said:

Apparently Saints want to move back into 2nd round but would need to give up future picks. We have a history lately with them as well? 

Yes we do have a good trade history with them, so I wouldn't be surprised if we make a trade if the player we covet at pick 56 is gone ( LSU OG Robert Hunt / TCU OT Lucas Niang ?? ).  I would expect us to get their 3rd rounder this year (pick 88) and maybe their 3rd rounder next year or perhaps even a Saints player.

Saints are definitely in "Win Now" mode so we could really come out ahead trading with them. 

As for pick 39 I'm sure we are trying to package some day 3 picks with pick 39 to move up targeting JK Dobbins, Lloyd Cushenberry, or one of the top safeties in McKinney or Winfield Jr.

Edited by Swampbilly

48 minutes ago, Jtownsfine5t said:

Some buzz on Round 2:
— Among the players the #Bengals like at No. 33 are Ross Blocklock & Denzel Mims.
#Colts (34) & #Dolphins (39) open to moving out.
#Saints (CB? LB?), #Jets (CB?), #Jaguars (OT?), #Falcons among the teams who have made calls to move up.

Per Ian Rapoport 

While I'm sure we are willing to move out of pick 39 in the right scenario, the buzz I'm seeing is more in line with us packaging Day3 picks to either move up our Day 2 picks or aquire additional Day 2 picks.....and that's a lot more in line with common sense than moving back to acquire more picks to add onto the 12 picks we have remaining in which we don't have roster room for LOL.  That's how to dominate a draft, not by making a ton of crazy picks, but by using those crazy picks as leverage to get the players that teams all want.

12 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Still some massive work needed on the OL.

Wonder what the price tag is for Thuney or on the cheaper side, Gabe Jackson. I think Jackson could be had with one of our 4ths

Still some very talented OLinemen available via the draft.  I don't feel trading with New England is a viable option.  Only way they do a trade with us is if we drastically over pay.  I know everyone feels that....Well Bellicheat likes Flores and Grier so he will trade with them.....  I can tell you as a Coach myself, and it doesn't matter what level, you always want your past subordinate coaches that move on to have success and you have a lot of Love for them, but the Organizations that keep raping your coaching staff of talent year after year is a different story.  Continually building a Coaching Staff every year is a miserable task......I'm sure that even Bellicheat hates it.

BLUF; Don't expect to be on the winning side of a trade with a division rival.  Regardless of the scenario

Edited by Swampbilly
  • Like 1

If I was Grier right now, I would be talking to Trent Williams and the Redskins to inquire about his salary demands and what he could be had for.  Nobody seems to want him with this class of solid OT's.  I'm sure the 'Skins were demanding at least a 2nd rounder but it's looking like they aren't going to get it.  They have no bargaining power since he would essentially be a one year rental since his contract is up after 2020...….but it would give our very young ( 20 yrs old ) 1st round pick a half a year or more to get acclimated to playing LT in the NFL.

Food for thought!!!!

Edited by Swampbilly