2020 Pick Tracker

Tetsujin

I was curious if they were truly interested in Dobbins or any RB early, I think they are satisfied with Howard for the most part at the moment, a solid back who can/will pass block, which is paramount. I was pulling for them to draft another O lineman  (Jones).  

I honestly wish we would’ve been more aggressive this year. We could’ve hade an extra 2nd and another 3rd I feel like with all the late round picks we have and all the picks we have next year. Missing on Dobbins by one killed me but this draft honestly could be really bad especially if Tua is injury prone. Hell we could’ve traded back at 18 and/or 26 and still gotten both of those guys. I hope I’m wrong but I’m kinda disappointed so far by this draft.

Edited by Jdolphins18

7 hours ago, Jdolphins18 said:

I honestly wish we would’ve been more aggressive this year. We could’ve hade an extra 2nd and another 3rd I feel like with all the late round picks we have and all the picks we have next year. Missing on Dobbins by one killed me but this draft honestly could be really bad especially if Tua is injury prone. Hell we could’ve traded back at 18 and/or 26 and still gotten both of those guys. I hope I’m wrong but I’m kinda disappointed so far by this draft.

I wish we would have been more aggressive in rounds 2 and 3, but I really like our picks in round 1 , ( those picks at 5 and 18 are about 2021 and beyond ) I love the Igbi CB pick at 30, I've been begging for several years, going back to the old forum, please get a talented Nickle.  I'm so sick of watching the Patriots wreck us with slot receivers.

I like our picks in round 2, they aren't as polished as the players I would have chosen ( Dobbins / Gallimore ), but they are both Giants that play like wrecking balls so the theme there was to grab some players that have the potential to be maulers.  I think Coach Flores is willing to motivate players to get what he needs from them and both of these players are great candidates for that treatment.

Round 3 I was hoping for Cushenberry or Josh Jones ( the upside on this guy, worse case scenario is an elite swing tackle ), but it looks like Grier and Flores do NOT want rookie playing next to rookie on the OL, and Jones fits a huge need at Safety and when I watch him play, he just looks like a Flores type player, very active, good tackler, good instincts, pretty much the opposite of Ashtyn Davis when it comes to tackling and range.

So far none of the picks look out of place to me.  They all look like there's a purpose and a larger plan.  Maybe I'm just in my Teal and Orange Sunglasses though.

Edited by Swampbilly

Tua - A     - Had to take the risk imo. In my opinion he will start as soon as the o line is good enough.

Jackson - B - I would have liked to see a trade down to mid twenties and taken him but only because he is young and not the finished article. What I would say is the Dolphins clearly had him ranked much higher than Jones and Niang so fair play for getting their guy,

Igbinoghene - B - Another guy not at the peak of his powers. I like the player but would have loved to see us go in a different route. I feel each of our next picks could have been taken a spot later so if he dropped to 39 we could have got them all plus say a RB, Receiver or Safety.

Hunt - B - common theme on next three picks as I mentioned before love the player just a little to early. I really can see him as getting the first shot at Right tackle. My original thoughts were we would double down with J Jones move Jackson to blindside and tuck hunt inside but after passing on Jones I think he may get his shot against Davis and a lower round pick.

R Davis - C - Freakish size but production has been down. I had him as a 4th rounder.

B Jones - C - picked him in a lot of mock drafts but far later. Seems to be another high character guy and I think he would be rated higher by me if I didn’t love 4 other safety prospects. Chinn, Winfield, McKinney, Davis.

I was hoping we could shift some lower rounds picks to get another 3rd rounder. Still some good prospects on the board.

12 hours ago, Emerica said:

We weren't going to fill all the holes in one offseason but missing out on Dobbins by one pick hurt a little

Totally agree. Can’t fill all the holes. 

I think I would have rather seen us take Winfield Jr at 30. Needham is young and could have held down the nickel spot for a year. or there were several CB that fell into late second even 3rd rd. (Fulton, Dantzler) 

Hunt is going to be a stud.  Raekwon Davis is boom or bust.  Let’s hope Flo can motivate him.  We may be saying that’s a steal in a couple years.  

Jones was a head scratcher when J  Jones and Baun were still on the board.  

I expect Howard to get 60-65% of the workload with some sort of Ballage, Gaskin and whatever late rd RB we get by committee.  Not great but a better OL, Parker, Williams and Gesecki will keep defenses a bit more honest which should open up the run game. 

Etienne in 2021! 

Edited by Rgossett07

I expected to see moves like the trade up for Kindley sooner, like Round 2, but maybe Grier tried and didn’t have any takers.

I like the Solomon Kindley pick.  Not sure if he will play LG or RG but I think he will be an upgrade at either.

Not a perfect player but he should do well in our power gap / slide pro scheme.  I thought he would go late round 2 to early round 3.  Good value at a position of need.

Edited by Swampbilly