Niners select Javon Kinlaw DT at 14

49erurtaza

I love this pick. Kinlaw is a perfect fit for us here. He is going to eat Guards lunch on the inside 1v1. He was doubled a lot in college. He wont be doubled at all here.

Hes going to play 40% of the snaps and make a lot of splash plays

Im excited

• Like 4

I'm good with it. Not my first choice but he has a chance to be special if he puts in the work. Alot like AA in that respect. He'll contribute but won't have to come in and be a difference maker right away like Bosa. We can actually develop him while his in a rotational role early in his career. 

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

I love this pick. Kinlaw is a perfect fit for us here. He is going to eat Guards lunch on the inside 1v1. He was doubled a lot in college. He wont be doubled at all here.

Hes going to play 40% of the snaps and make a lot of splash plays

Im excited

He's going to play 40% of the snaps and make very few splash plays imo, that was one of my issues with him a sa pick for us specifically. I think he's outmatched at the next level to start off. I think he needs to cook. We will see though. the dude does squat the weight of a Civic. 

1 minute ago, John232 said:

I also can't help but wonder that if the season ending injuries to both Jones and Blair influenced this pick more than I/we thought it would. 

I don't think Blair would, I think that Taylor may have. I don't thin kthat Kinlaw is going to be effective against the run starting off, so he doesn't really solve that problem, but I think the team may believe that he will. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I don't think Blair would, I think that Taylor may have. I don't thin kthat Kinlaw is going to be effective against the run starting off, so he doesn't really solve that problem, but I think the team may believe that he will. 

Yeah, Blair is a bit to utility to influence it. But I think Jones definitely made more of an influence than I imagined. But they also may want keep Jones in on base downs and use him and Kinlaw in a hard rotation. Which is better tbh. But I just thought Jones earned a chance at a 3 down role. 

I also think this team does not care about stopping the run. 

3 minutes ago, John232 said:

Yeah, Blair is a bit to utility to influence it. But I think Jones definitely made more of an influence than I imagined. But they also may want keep Jones in on base downs and use him and Kinlaw in a hard rotation. Which is better tbh. But I just thought Jones earned a chance at a 3 down role. 

I also think this team does not care about stopping the run. 

Actually now that I think about it, I found it puzzling we were not active with any DTs in free agency. That may have been because we had DT targeted@13 all along...

It's just one of those things. Even before we picked him, I was predicting him to likely be one of the biggest busts in the first round. Hard to switch gears and love it when my eval has been my eval all along. Not like I'm hating on it because I'm one of those people who just hates every pick every year lol.

Just have to hope I'm wrong