Niners select Javon Kinlaw DT at 14

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

Actually now that I think about it, I found it puzzling we were not active with any DTs in free agency. That may have been because we had DT targeted@13 all along...

Yeah after we failed to get Suh that made me feel Kinlaw was a target. The last few wks with all the wr talk got my off that. I said earlier that we didn't have anyone on our roster to replace Buck...Thomas was not a legit option. Bosa, Kinlaw, Jones, AA, and Ford should keep our DL a strength. Not even including our depth. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think some of you guys are underrating the impact he can have from day one. He will be good in year one. 

I also think our staff has generally speaking done a very good job of getting rookies in positions to succeed. Thomas is just a bum. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think some of you guys are underrating the impact he can have from day one. He will be good in year one. 

I don't think he will be. We will see. That's one of my issues. He's physically gifted enough though

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

When Peter King speaks Niners, listen to him. He called what the Niners were looking to do early on. 

He was in our draft room in 2017....called McGlinchey & Kinlaw in 2018 & 2020 . He's got connections with us 

Not including 2019 because everyone knew we'd draft Bosa.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm sure I think what sucks is both WRs where there and we didn't go with it.

But it's not a Jeudy/Lamb vs Kinlaw. It's Kinlaw plus the 4th and pick 31 potentially a wr vs those guys. At least that's how I view it.

9 minutes ago, sherm said:

That's just draft day emotions. If he turns into the guy SF thinks he can be you'll be ok with the pick. 

For sure, and all the negative things I say about him makes it sound like I didn't like him at all LOL. Which is not the case. He was in that top 10 grouping that I wanted to be able to get at 13. He was just probably my lowest rated out of those guys, and I do have concerns over high boom / bust guys.