Dallas 1st RD pick CEEDEE LAMB!

resilient part 2

2 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

The NFL really screwed this up, honestly. Lamb was a clear top-10 talent. Him and Jeudy are the best receiver prospects to come out since Amari. I still can't believe he fell.

We should revel in this moment, because McCarthy's offense will open up opportunities for him all over the place.

• Like 2

Couple of thoughts here.... 

This pick pretty much spells the end of Gallup getting a 2nd contract here in Dallas. Not 100% but pretty close. It would be cool to sign him to an early extension and get him for cheap, but after going over 1k last year he is set to make big $ in FA and I highly doubt we'll match it with Cooper and Lamb on board.

Secondly I think Jalen Hurts or Jake Fromm or Jamis Winston or Cam could be successful with this offense. I think Dez could QB this offense. Probably should still lock Dak up but his price just went down imo. We don't NEED a $40m QB with Zeke, Tyron, Martin, Collins, Amari, Lamb, and Gallup

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

This pick pretty much spells the end of Gallup getting a 2nd contract here in Dallas. Not 100% but pretty close. It would be cool to sign him to an early extension and get him for cheap, but after going over 1k last year he is set to make big $ in FA and I highly doubt we'll match it with Cooper and Lamb on board.

Secondly I think Jalen Hurts or Jake Fromm or Jamis Winston or Cam could be successful with this offense. I think Dez could QB this offense. Probably should still lock Dak up but his price just went down imo. We don't NEED a $40m QB with Zeke, Tyron, Martin, Collins, Amari, Lamb, and Gallup

I don't think Lamb spells the end for Gallup. If anything, it puts Cooper on notice. If you look at how his deal is structured, it's really just a 2 year deal with the opportunity to bow out in year 3.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I don't think Lamb spells the end for Gallup. If anything, it puts Cooper on notice. If you look at how his deal is structured, it's really just a 2 year deal with the opportunity to bow out in year 3.

Yup. We’ll be picking between the two of them in two years. I would guess we’ll hold onto Cooper and let Gallup walk, but we could very well do the opposite

19 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Or Dak plays on the tag this year.

We trade Dak, our 1st in 2021 and 2022 to trade up and draft Trevor Lawrence. 5 years of cheap QB. resign Gallup, keep Coop.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

hard part would be moving Dak. Which teams out there right now is he a clear upgrade from (aside from the young QBs) that would give up an asset to pay $35 million a year?

Unless we rescind the tag.

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Cooper in the slot is the stuff dreams are made of. This offense could be incredible. Lets draft Mims and give the entire NFL the middle finger. 

@Calvert28 would go bonkers. I'm not sure if it would be humanly possible for him to contain such glee.

I wonder if it's even possible to have four 1,000+ yard WRs on the same team in the same season.

• Like 2

Anyone watch Stephen A Smith this morning. His football knowledge is limited but he does make me laugh. He still thinks Terrence Williams in on the team lol. It’s funny watching these guys analyze the Cowboys on ESPN. Clueless about the team and football a majority of them.

• Like 2

I was thinking about the salary issue with three potential no 1 WR  but we have four years or Lamb on the cheep 1 or 2 more year with Gallup bad at that time we can dump Coop as we resign Gallup then add Lamb two years latter when Zeke is done with his and we have a cheep RB replace him so it is all manageable I guess.   

also IMO it’s a waste of three top WR to not have a QB at Dak’s level.  And Cam is not the answer too old nor Winston who is garbage and a rookie next year or the next is less then a 50/50 prospect at best.  

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

We could probably trade Coop at the draft next year. 20 million in dead money that would be equal to his "would be" salary, but if we replaced him with a 1st at a position of need, on a rookie deal could be a win/win regardless

12 minutes ago, quiller said:

I was thinking about the salary issue with three potential no 1 WR  but we have four years or Lamb on the cheep 1 or 2 more year with Gallup bad at that time we can dump Coop as we resign Gallup then add Lamb two years latter when Zeke is done with his and we have a cheep RB replace him so it is all manageable I guess.   

also IMO it’s a waste of three top WR to not have a QB at Dak’s level.  And Cam is not the answer too old nor Winston who is garbage and a rookie next year or the next is less then a 50/50 prospect at best.  

No matter what there will always be a "salary issue". -Yes we can project our cap. -We can cut/trade people.- Injuries happen which affect contracts. -The cap will probably go up too...There are so many variables. Lets just focus on this season and make sure we can get all three involved and it works. 

• Like 1