Dallas 1st RD pick CEEDEE LAMB!

resilient part 2

59 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

@Calvert28 would go bonkers. I'm not sure if it would be humanly possible for him to contain such glee.

I wonder if it's even possible to have four 1,000+ yard WRs on the same team in the same season.

I've come to terms that we aren't getting Mims. Although I am not sure what to think if we did get him in the 2nd. Would we be trying to trade Cooper or Gallup? Jesus I can't fathom the possibility. 

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Couple of thoughts here.... 

This pick pretty much spells the end of Gallup getting a 2nd contract here in Dallas. Not 100% but pretty close. It would be cool to sign him to an early extension and get him for cheap, but after going over 1k last year he is set to make big $ in FA and I highly doubt we'll match it with Cooper and Lamb on board.

Secondly I think Jalen Hurts or Jake Fromm or Jamis Winston or Cam could be successful with this offense. I think Dez could QB this offense. Probably should still lock Dak up but his price just went down imo. We don't NEED a $40m QB with Zeke, Tyron, Martin, Collins, Amari, Lamb, and Gallup

Nah. If anything It spells Coops end, especially if he doesn't step it up by the 2nd year. 

27 minutes ago, djdunkenstein said:

No matter what there will always be a "salary issue". -Yes we can project our cap. -We can cut/trade people.- Injuries happen which affect contracts. -The cap will probably go up too...There are so many variables. Lets just focus on this season and make sure we can get all three involved and it works. 

I agree. Don’t worry too much about what will happen in 2 seasons. Roster turnover is huge for every team over that period of time. Cross those brindles eventually, and just enjoy the dynamic passing attack we currently have in Dallas.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I've come to terms that we aren't getting Mims. Although I am not sure what to think if we did get him in the 2nd. Would we be trying to trade Cooper or Gallup? Jesus I can't fathom the possibility. 

Trade Jarwin instead.

Just go 4 wide. Gallup and Mims on the outside, Cooper and Lamb in the slot. Dak in the shotgun, with Zeke in the backfield. Zeke could feast on draw plays all day.

First to 45 wins.

Edited by CAPJ

2 hours ago, cromagnum said:

Anyone watch Stephen A Smith this morning. His football knowledge is limited but he does make me laugh. He still thinks Terrence Williams in on the team lol. It’s funny watching these guys analyze the Cowboys on ESPN. Clueless about the team and football a majority of them.

Yes I saw that.  He must still have nightmares of Romo to William's long tds.

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Couple of thoughts here.... 

This pick pretty much spells the end of Gallup getting a 2nd contract here in Dallas. Not 100% but pretty close. It would be cool to sign him to an early extension and get him for cheap, but after going over 1k last year he is set to make big $ in FA and I highly doubt we'll match it with Cooper and Lamb on board.

Secondly I think Jalen Hurts or Jake Fromm or Jamis Winston or Cam could be successful with this offense. I think Dez could QB this offense. Probably should still lock Dak up but his price just went down imo. We don't NEED a $40m QB with Zeke, Tyron, Martin, Collins, Amari, Lamb, and Gallup

Got to mention Garrett gone as well.

4 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I don't think Lamb spells the end for Gallup. If anything, it puts Cooper on notice. If you look at how his deal is structured, it's really just a 2 year deal with the opportunity to bow out in year 3.

Tell me,  how is Gallups' deal structured?

Just now, plan9misfit said:

I assume it's a basic rookie contract.

Exactly. He isn't getting #2 here. When is he due?

Cooper and Lamb will most assuredly be under contract. 

Unless you predict a huge drop in production  from Cooper, Lambs' production not translating to the NFL, or a drop in production from Michael Gallup and another one of the 31 NFL teams not offering Gallup #1 money when he's  our 3....

4 hours ago, matt79511 said:

Yup. We’ll be picking between the two of them in two years. I would guess we’ll hold onto Cooper and let Gallup walk, but we could very well do the opposite

I would think that Gallup would probably get paid less than Cooper when a free agent. If so, I see no reason not to sign him as a number 2 receiver and trade Cooper (assuming Lamb is our new receiver 1 by then).  Heck, even if he balls out and gets paid more then Cooper it would mean he is worth it. So I will still sign Gallup and trade Cooper after two more years.

4 minutes ago, Revenant said:

I would think that Gallup would probably get paid less than Cooper when a free agent. If so, I see no reason not to sign him as a number 2 receiver and trade Cooper (assuming Lamb is our new receiver 1 by then).  Heck, even if he balls out and gets paid more then Cooper it would mean he is worth it. So I will still sign Gallup and trade Cooper after two more years.

True. Lamb cutting into MG's production over the next two years would make the latter cheaper when it's time to re-sign him. He might not have 1000 yards again on his rookie deal. I do think he's a $15M/yr-caliber receiver on the open market at worst but keeping him under the radar would keep that from inflating too much.