Dallas 1st RD pick CEEDEE LAMB!

resilient part 2

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He looks better in 10 for sure, especially with Gallup and Cooper being 13 and 19.

And, I don't know you guys have a lot of mouths to feed. I could definitely see Reagor out producing, especially if other guys can't stay on the field.

Stage 2: Coming to terms with things

10 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He looks better in 10 for sure, especially with Gallup and Cooper being 13 and 19.

And, I don't know you guys have a lot of mouths to feed. I could definitely see Reagor out producing, especially if other guys can't stay on the field.

Reagor should have a better statistical year, absolutely. Doesn't mean a better impact - but fantasy wise, yes I expect Reagor to do better than Lamb.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Reagor should have a better statistical year, absolutely. Doesn't mean a better impact - but fantasy wise, yes I expect Reagor to do better than Lamb.

I could see him having the bigger impact too. Him and DeSean will open things up for the rest of the offense with their speed and versatility moreso than Lamb on Dallas.

Will Lamb be a better receiver in the long run? I mean that is a distinct possibility.... I definitely thought he was safer.

On 4/19/2020 at 2:24 AM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Whew... I can't. 5 more days is gonna kill me. Can't wait to get through this work week and grab some IPAs and prepare for joy or anguish.

I'd love Lamb, but I hope we don't have to give up a ton to move up.

Jefferson is cool, but not really what we need most and slots are easier to find. He feels like a luxury. For a team like the Saints or something he would make more sense.

Reagor and Mims have more bust potential (esp Mims) than Lamb. Still I would love Reagor in midnight green, but I can't blame Howie if he wants to secure Lamb.

Hopefully Howie's relationship with Andrew Berry from his time here pays dividends and we can move up to #10 for something like a 2nd rounder next year + a 3rd and 4th round comp pick this year, but I doubt it.

10 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He played in more games than Dak last year, but that's cool.

Wow, defensive much? My QB isn’t very good, but at least I know he’ll be on the field. Yours? Well, he’s always hurt and regressed last year as a player. 

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:

Wow, defensive much? My QB isn’t very good, but at least I know he’ll be on the field. Yours? Well, he’s always hurt and regressed last year as a player. 

I didn't say anything about Dak in my post. You responded about Wentz lol.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Cowboys with a small need at WR, entire fanbase is jacked about the player they got.

Eagles with a huge need at WR, entire fanbase is endlessly trying to justify the player the got.

We'll see how the careers turn out, but there is a reason the above two things are happening. CeeDee is a clear-cut stud WR prospect while the other one is not.

9 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Cowboys with a small need at WR, entire fanbase is jacked about the player they got.

Eagles with a huge need at WR, entire fanbase is endlessly trying to justify the player the got.

We'll see how the careers turn out, but there is a reason the above two things are happening. CeeDee is a clear-cut stud WR prospect while the other one is not.

Yeah..... cause a lot of fans are idiots.

I can find people with Lamb busting or Reagor as WR1. 

Doesnt mean they are right but yeah.

I think a lot of the Eagles fans who took to Twitter to bash Howie and the pick will eat their words pretty quickly this season. 

But, Lamb is a dog and definitely the higher floor guy of the two. 

Davante Adams is actually the comp I like most for Lamb. Hopefully he gets off to faster start, but that's a Top 5 WR in the NFL

and FWIW, though he annoyed the absolute hell out of Packers fans for years, rookie Adams vs. Sterling Moore in the Dez Caught It game gave us way bigger problems than Nelson and Cobb that day. So following their 11-personnel McCarthy model, I think Lamb can absolutely transform our passing game as a rookie WR3

Edited by matt79511

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah..... cause a lot of fans are idiots.

I can find people with Lamb busting or Reagor as WR1. 

Doesnt mean they are right but yeah.

I think a lot of the Eagles fans who took to Twitter to bash Howie and the pick will eat their words pretty quickly this season. 

But, Lamb is a dog and definitely the higher floor guy of the two. 

You can find people who believe the Earth is flat, too.

Had the Eagles traded to #16, the world would be freaking out about what an amazing job the Eagles did, and they would have been justified. We've talked many times worrying about the Eagles trading up to get Lamb or Jeudy. 

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I didn't say anything about Dak in my post. You responded about Wentz lol.

12 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Your QB can’t stay on the field.

He played in more games than Dak last year, but that's cool.

Uh.....yeah you did. Are you not an Eagles fan?

Edited by plan9misfit

9 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

As I remember from years back borowski, you have good logic. Debatable opinion but good logic.

Lamb in this offense on paper looks like a #3 target at best learning a new system and studying the pro game. But -

Reality of McCarthy's influence goes deeper. Now, I've been out of the loop so please fill me in if I am wrong on this, but Kellen is calling the plays, terminology probably sticking,  but the system is going to be altered some. And of McCarthy does put his finger print on things even a little, his system designs are not schemed to get specific guys open but rather schemed to attack defensive concepts which allows the QB to identify a weakness and throw to that weakness. And three wide sets to keep Zeke running against a 7 man front or even 6 man front will probably be common place. That could leave Lamb some big play opportunities per game, similar to a long line of 2nd/3rd receivers in green bay who always seemed to make a big impact, though driving fantasy players crazy cause after playerabc has 3 games of 80 yards and a score, he does not existant for 5 games before scoring 3 times in a half lol

12 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

As I remember from years back borowski, you have good logic. Debatable opinion but good logic.

Lamb in this offense on paper looks like a #3 target at best learning a new system and studying the pro game. But -

Reality of McCarthy's influence goes deeper. Now, I've been out of the loop so please fill me in if I am wrong on this, but Kellen is calling the plays, terminology probably sticking,  but the system is going to be altered some. And of McCarthy does put his finger print on things even a little, his system designs are not schemed to get specific guys open but rather schemed to attack defensive concepts which allows the QB to identify a weakness and throw to that weakness. And three wide sets to keep Zeke running against a 7 man front or even 6 man front will probably be common place. That could leave Lamb some big play opportunities per game, similar to a long line of 2nd/3rd receivers in green bay who always seemed to make a big impact, though driving fantasy players crazy cause after playerabc has 3 games of 80 yards and a score, he does not existant for 5 games before scoring 3 times in a half lol

I am simply talking about the statistical probability that the 4th weapon will likely see less stats than the #2 weapon on a team.

3 WR Sets is gonna let Zeke feast. Lamb is a fantastic Run Blocker too.