Pick #19 is in: CB Damon Arnette, Ohio State

RaidersAreOne

I'll tell you what. Watching Arnette this year before the 40, I saw a first round talent. And crock is my favorite WR/CB evaluator. Arnette tackles. Pedigree. 4 year starter. Metrics love him. It wasn't what I was expecting, but I also thought Mullen was a reach and he ended up being very good for us.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Ran a 4.56. Yikes.

Yeah I actually really liked him until the combine. 4.56 is brutal. He still finished as my #36 Prospect though. A pretty good reach, but not an epic reach (at least in my own opinion, according to my own personal value). 

Edit: Actually he finished as my #48 Prospect. #35 before combine. 

Edited by BayRaider

Well I definitely understand the reach talk.  However, I liked him better than Okudah tbh and would bet good money that he'll have the better career. He really put it all together last year and even with a cast on, played like a dog all year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

College stats mean nothing. But for anyone interested last season he had: 

346 coverage snaps allowed 25 receptions on 56 targets (44%) for 306 yards (12.2 avg) and 1 TD. He also had 1 INT, 11 forced incompletions, and missed 7 tackles. 

He lacks length and speed though. His arm length of 30" puts him in the 7th percentile and his 40 time of 4.56 puts him in the 63rd percentile. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'll tell you what. Watching Arnette this year before the 40, I saw a first round talent. And crock is my favorite WR/CB evaluator. Arnette tackles. Pedigree. 4 year starter. Metrics love him. It wasn't what I was expecting, but I also thought Mullen was a reach and he ended up being very good for us.

Agreed. Before the 40 time he was a borderline 1st Round Talent for me. I really soured on him after his 40 time, but he’s absolutely excellent in coverage, and also very physical. 

Ohio State fans will tell you Arnette was the one who put in all the dirty work for that team. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, true2form said:

Well I definitely understand the reach talk.  However, I liked him better than Okudah tbh and would bet good money that he'll have the better career. He really put it all together last year and even with a cast on, played like a dog all year.

I like the optimism. Hopefully he ends up the best corner of the class.