Pick #19 is in: CB Damon Arnette, Ohio State

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Your not wrong... you’ve never been me right....

dont be a blind to the fact that Mayock is still this great GM.... maybe he’s making mistakes early but this is very very alarming.  Maybe the GM job was too much for him to handle.  

anyone think maybe teams are just not interested in helping Mayock?  It’s crazy but like how can he never do it round 1 and reach all the time but do it a lot on days 2+3

It' seems tho all of Mayoks picks have been pure football players, Abrams looked good before injury and Ferrell off to a slow start but got better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Who's defending it, HB has posted trash pick like 10 times you don't have to keep posting the same thing over and over again. it's annoying. coming from a trash poster.

Settle down bro.... @Humble_Beast was talking about how a few new posters out of no where we’re defending the pick and I agreed with him... 

I’m annoying? Well to be honest I find half the stuff you say stupid to be quite honest.....  I couldn’t care less about what you have to say  .... mute Me

• Like 2

Xavien Howard ran a 4.58...

The dude is a dog. I am interested to see how it plays out. I am sure he tried to trade back. I am sure he didn't get an offer he liked. 

I had Johnson and Diggs ahead of him at CB. But let's see how this works out. Mayock is pretty good at the player evaluation thing.

• Like 2

Let's be real here. The difference between a 4.55 and a 4.48 is miniscule. Did Arnette get run by on tape?

Did he "protect" his lack of long speed (which I dont see) with bad tendencies? I didn't see it.

I really liked Dantzler and he ran slow, but he looked fine in cutups. Same deal here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I hope he's good at the next level but we'll see. He should be a plug and play starter for us on the outside that's solid in run support. Serious question though, how many CB's have run sub 4.55 and then went on to have really good careers? 

You mean above 4.55 not sub. 

But not many. Speed is way more important for CBs than WRs. 

Like I said just, Richard Sherman is an example at 4.56. But he had two great safety’s. Arnette will need two great safety’s as well. Anyone who thinks otherwise is being a homer imo. Look at 4.55+ throughout history. 

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Settle down bro.... @Humble_Beast was talking about how a few new posters out of no where we’re defending the pick and I agreed with him... 

I’m annoying? Well to be honest I find half the stuff you say stupid to be quite honest.....  I couldn’t care less about what you have to say  .... mute Me

I said he's annoying, put the sauce down bro.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Like I said just, Richard Sherman is an example at 4.56. But he had two great safety’s. Arnette will need two great safety’s as well. Anyone who thinks otherwise is being a homer imo. Look at 4.55+ throughout history. 

Xavien Howard?

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Casey Heyward?

Josh Norman?

Marcus Peters?

Joe Haden?

Malcom Butler?

Edited by OG_C2X

Just now, BayRaider said:

If we have two bad mofo Safety’s, a 4.56 is workable. 

Sherman ran a 4.56 and had the Legion of Boom. Hopefully Randall/Abram can be very good. Find our Franchise FS in the 2021 Draft perhaps. 

I know I went ballistic about the pick.... and it’s definitely bad.... but if we traded to 37 (I use this number because NE traded there from 23 so we can assume we could have gotten exact same deal) then it’s honestly a decent to pick.  Look how round 1 ended:  Noah Igb..whatever from Auburn and Jeff Gladney.... maybe Arnette really doesn’t make it out of round 1?how else is left on the board that’s highly rated... Johnson and Diggs?  

@BayRaider do you think he’s gonna be able to play outside with that poor speed and short arms... he can press ok even with short arms... in college.  I just wish he was 4.45 and 22 not 24yo.  It’s just a lot of issues together for 19.

do you think he plays slot or outside?  Was his 40 time not accurate to his real speed? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Backup in my depth chart 

Not to be a jerk, but the only depth chart that matters is Gruden’s

I can understand why you’re pissed, but nothing we can do to change it. He has some good tape. All we can do is give him a chance.

Edited by Justwinning