With the 20th pick, the Jacksonville Jaguars select EDGE K'Lavon Chaisson

pwny

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

It definitely sets us up well to look at a 3-4 move, if/when Yan is gone.  There's plenty of potential to like here.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Man this is getting weird.

That is indeed...a bit weird.

1 hour ago, pwny said:

They gonna get an Elephant End and use Chassion like Von Miller out of a 4-3?

I'm kinda picturing it like if Yan does actual show up to play...it could end up looking kinda like Bruce Irvin-esque for Chaisson as a rookie?

They do kinda have some guys who are pretty beefy "tweeners" to maybe lean that direction.

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

I drafted Henderson and Chaisson on my dynasty team two weeks ago. I hope these guys pan out. 

Hello Dave and/or Tony.  Nice to have you on the forums!  Could you please make the Jaguars suck less in the future?  Thanks.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Which I remember was your main gripe (justifiably) with Fowler, as well as many people.

That and I’m big on the analytics for pass rushers. Fowler’s measurable lateral quickness and quick twitch motor left a lot to be desired. Chaisson didn’t do any drills at the combine or pro day, so it’s hard to measure that. But that limited film shows he does have some of the bend Fowler was missing. Based solely on that cut up, he probably needs to work a bit better on lowering his center of gravity when breaking the edge so he can get around more cleanly without stumbling.

I also wasn’t a fan of Fowler’s hand technique either. This cut up doesn’t show great technique either, but he’s probably a step ahead of where Fowler was coming out.