With the 24th pick in the NFL draft...

Raves

We don't know yet, but it's almost guaranteed we are getting someone like Murray/Queen/Jefferson/Delpit.  I'll update when the pick is made.  Who do you guys want up until the pick is made?

--Edit--

Ceaser Ruiz, Michigan OC

WTF!?!?!?!

Just now, Dome said:

I wouldn’t be so sure. We can make a surprise pick

At this point, if the pick isn't from LSU in Queen or Delpit I would be very surprised.  No other player/pick makes a lot of sense unless he Payton loves Love, which then I could be ok with.

5 minutes ago, Raves said:

At this point, if the pick isn't from LSU in Queen or Delpit I would be very surprised.  No other player/pick makes a lot of sense unless he Payton loves Love, which then I could be ok with.

Caesar Ruiz

Center 

lol

Just now, Dome said:

Caesar Ruiz

Center 

lol

yeah... makes no ******* sense... our center spot wasn't an issue... unless Warfrod is on the way out and one of them is moving to OG?  But that means we need to trade teh 2020 3rd, 2021 1st, and 2021 3rd to get back in for Murray.  

This pick needed to be Queen, Delpit, or Love.  No other option was viable.  This was just bad no matter how you want to spin it unless both McCoy/Ruiz become multiple All-Pro players at the positions they end up at.

• Like 1

Only thing I can think of is they are worried about our OL depth and have some versatile guys that can be moved around in case we get the injury bug again at OL. Had we not drafted him and we lose an OL or 2 to injury it would likely spell the end of Brees's last run at a Super Bowl for us.

Not a sexy pick by any means but I get it. Maybe he lights it up at Guard like McCoy did at Center from the get go, and we can see Peat ride the bench.

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 1

Just now, tyler735 said:

Only thing I can think of is they are worried about our OL depth and have some versatile guys that can be moved around in case we get the injury bug again at OL. If we lose an OL or 2 to injury it would likely spell the end of Brees's last run at a Super Bowl for us.

Not a sexy pick by any means but I get it. Maybe he lights it up at Guard like McCoy did at Center from the get go, and we can see Peat ride the bench.

This is one I can’t get behind. I supported Peat when it wasn’t a need and was disappointed when they re-signed him. 

Im sure he’ll be a good player... hope he doesn’t ride the bench while brees tries to win it all one last time 

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

Only thing I can think of is they are worried about our OL depth and have some versatile guys that can be moved around in case we get the injury bug again at OL. If we lose an OL or 2 to injury it would likely spell the end of Brees's last run at a Super Bowl for us.

Except they paid Peat a ton of money.

• Like 1

Just now, SWATcha said:

Except they paid Peat a ton of money.

Well aware, but I don't see the rookie bringing Warford to the bench and Terron Armstead is made of glass, so Peat is the first to slide to Tackle when he gets his yearly injury. Definitely seems like a strange scenario with us drafting him