2020 Draft | Eagles select: Jalen Reagor (#21 ovr)

Kiltman

10 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Loved reagor had him tied with Jefferson for 4. League agreed with my thoughts on mims it looks like not worth a 1. Tape doesn’t really match up with combine. Reagor is crazy explosive. Was held back by Qb play a ton, gets deep separation. Once he works on his routes a bit he will be very good. 42 inch vert wooo. Lamb had a terrible vert think it was 34 which is horrible for a wideout , I still like him but his best attribute is yac which doesn’t translate as well. 

Don't mention his vert....if that's an element of his game why not grab the big bodied WR who can out physical a defender or two. But most of us acknowledge that also doesn't fit with Carson he doesn't throw the 50/50. 

Edited by nlesthought

3 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Don't mention his vert....if that's an element of his game why not grab the big bodied WR who can out physical a defender or two. But most of us acknowledge that also doesn't fit with Carson he doesn't throw the 50/50. 

That is a terrible argument. 

Why not grab bigger bodied guy? Because Reagor is faster and can still jump and compete in the red zone and contested catch situations.

It really isn't hard.....lol 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

When we talk about vert, I don't think we're talking about how high somebody jumps, and literally translating that to the field. I think we're talking about explosive ability off of the LOS, explosion in and out of cuts and breaks. And yeah sure, it won't hurt to have an explosive guy who can literally jump high too.

Hey I gotta give these ESPN guys (Orlovsky, Foxworth, Kellerman) credit. Those guys all made super smart and well thought out points as to why we're still the team to beat in the NFCE. Basically the same arguments all of us make here. Bravo. They usually see shiny things, want shiny things, support shiny things and don't look into the context of an argument.

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

That is a terrible argument. 

Why not grab bigger bodied guy? Because Reagor is faster and can still jump and compete in the red zone and contested catch situations.

It really isn't hard.....lol 

Chase Claypool faster timed and 40 inch vert if that's what you're looking for...at 6'4 238

Again I'm not trying to be overly critical just saying there are speed guys in this draft, curious as to why he was selected. Once i read a report that comp'd him to Agholor I soured. 

Just now, nlesthought said:

Chase Claypool faster timed and 40 inch vert if that's what you're looking for...at 6'4 238

Again I'm not trying to be overly critical just saying there are speed guys in this draft, curious as to why he was selected. Once i read a report that comp'd him to Agholor I soured. 

Reagor plays nothing like Agholor at least what I can see. Any person can comp any other person to another person. Doesn't make it true. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

One of his highlights is going up and getting a hail mary so yeah 42 inch vert matters for reagor he goes up and high points balls.

2 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Yup, Slept Last night and woke up still hating the pick. It is a complete miss. Raegor in the 2nd would've been fine, not in the 1st. Not trading up for Lamb is going to be the biggest mistake they have made for the next 3 years. Raegor will not change this receiving core. 

Maybe, can’t really say how it’ll turn out. I think having speed like his on the outside could be transformative to the offense. 
Like imagine just how much him pulling coverage downfield does for Ertz/Goedert/Miles to operate. 
He changes the offense.

I loved Ceedee. But sometimes you can’t trade up. Look at how the draft went. Probably the only spot that was for sale was maybe 7 or 8. And to do that would’ve killed our whole draft. Cause 10-16 weren’t trading out to 21. These trades don’t happen in a vacuum. 

11 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

One of his highlights is going up and getting a hail mary so yeah 42 inch vert matters for reagor he goes up and high points balls.

Ok but Carson doesn't throw that so why is that a fit? 

EDIT: The ability to separate vertically was a need...successor to Djax or both on the field at the same time. Sure. 

Edited by nlesthought