1.22 - MIN: Justin Jefferson WR/LSU (Jersey #18)

RpMc

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

His deal is close to what Treadwell got right?

They were both picked around the same slot in the 1st round.

We'll have to see what the guaranteed money is, but Treadwell only got about a $2M signing bonus (but $9.4M guaranteed money)...this signing bonus is significantly larger. 

• Like 1

This will be the first year Gary Kubiak will call the plays as offensive coordinator, so the Vikings will have a different look on offense. Kubiak admitted last month that Jefferson will "move inside quite a bit," which makes plenty of sense. Per Pro Football Focus, Jefferson's 18 touchdowns in the slot last season were the most ever by a player since the stat was first tracked in 2014, and his 1,518 yards in the slot were the most since 2016. Jefferson recorded 111 catches for 1,540 yards and 18 touchdowns for LSU last year, and the majority of his production (obviously) was in the slot. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/adam-thielen-believes-vikings-will-be-fine-without-stefon-diggs-nobody-knows-about-the-depth-of-our-room/?fbclid=IwAR08S74R3VDvZnFNcOvMviqiVdYR-2RIjDWqfARzATNmxLc67ckt2tVd-NA

19 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

We will need Adam stretching the field, and they have the timing already down with Adam. Jefferson in slot is better, since I think it's a shorter learning curve

Yep, although ideally Jefferson can expand his skillset to be an outside receiver. 

The nice thing when we had Thielen and Diggs is that either could line up as the X, Y or Z receiver and still dominate.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Yep, although ideally Jefferson can expand his skillset to be an outside receiver. 

The nice thing when we had Thielen and Diggs is that either could line up as the X, Y or Z receiver and still dominate.

Didn't he primarily play outside before last season?  I thought he moved to the slot just last season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, perrynoid said:

Didn't he primarily play outside before last season?  I thought he moved to the slot just last season.

Yeah, but before this past season, how much value did he have? I don't think many talked about him or were all that impressed with his 2018 play I thought?

Here's his stats. His 2018 certainly wasn't bad.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/justin-jefferson-1.html

Edited by SteelKing728