1.22 - MIN: Justin Jefferson WR/LSU (Jersey #18)

RpMc

12 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I thought it was pretty fun to see.  It sure didn't take them long to make the pick!  :D

This was cool, that whole 18+ minute video was pretty well done. The Gladney pick was just as good!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is cool, however we had almost no passing success after Jefferson's long touchdown. That came with 8 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

I realize Rudolph caught a wildly inaccurate pass for a TD but we almost completely stopped looking for Jefferson when it was clear that Tennessee had no answer for him.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

This is cool, however we had almost no passing success after Jefferson's long touchdown. That came with 8 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

I realize Rudolph caught a wildly inaccurate pass for a TD but we almost completely stopped looking for Jefferson when it was clear that Tennessee had no answer for him.

I too was puzzled by where Jefferson went after the touchdown. Whole offense seemed mediocre thereafter so there could be something else at play

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HitStickAllDay said:

I too was puzzled by where Jefferson went after the touchdown. Whole offense seemed mediocre thereafter so there could be something else at play

When they were able to get pressure by only rushing 3, it made it very simple for them to double Jefferson and Thielen. 

• Like 1

not sure what his PFF grade will be from today's game but it was 85.3 heading into today which is top 10 in the league.

so yeah, he's off to a great start and already looks super impressive all around. route running, adjusting to the ball, contested catches, after the catch, etc. it's obviously only four games but he's already put up 16/348/1 so he's on pace for 64/1,536/4. there'll be regression as his efficiency numbers are off the charts but he should get more targets and is almost a lock to crack 1,000 yards barring injury. i don't expect him to get more than 5 touchdowns regardless, as the vikings have shown they love handing it off to cook in the red zone and if they're throwing it's likely thielen or rudolph on the receiving end.

i honestly don't think it's crazy to think he'll end up with something like 75/1,200/5. while production would be comparable to any of diggs' seasons here it doesn't mean jefferson is better, but it definitely is close enough to say that the trade was worthwhile. 

a list of 21 year old rookies that cracked 1,000 yards: mike evans, keenan allen, amari cooper. sammy watkins (982). pretty good company for jefferson's career trajectory. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whitehops said:

i honestly don't think it's crazy to think he'll end up with something like 75/1,200/5. while production would be comparable to any of diggs' seasons here it doesn't mean jefferson is better, but it definitely is close enough to say that the trade was worthwhile. 

We also got other picks and he costs a lot less than Diggs. 

Damn good trade so far. 

• Like 1