1.22 - MIN: Justin Jefferson WR/LSU (Jersey #18)

RpMc

10 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

I'd love to see JJ win Rookie of the Year, but I just don't see any way that Justin Herbert doesn't win. He's been outstanding in what was supposed to be a redshirt year. 

I think the vote is going to be close, but you're probably right at this point...unless Jefferson plays a big role in these last few weeks and the Vikings make the playoffs.  

https://twitter.com/sharpfootball/status/1340742338075914242?s=21

So what do you guys think of this? Forgive me as I cannot post actual video footage (unless someone can show me). When JJ was overthrown for a TD, he screamed “**** Kirk, throw the ball!”. How do you feel about this?

Edited by Illadelegend215

1 hour ago, Illadelegend215 said:

https://twitter.com/sharpfootball/status/1340742338075914242?s=21

So what do you guys think of this? Forgive me as I cannot post actual video footage (unless someone can show me). When JJ was overthrown for a TD, he screamed “**** Kirk, throw the ball!”. How do you feel about this?

I think guys do that all of the time. You just don't ever hear it because of the 70,000 people in the stands. He's a competitive professional athlete, and I bet that if you had the benefit of mic'ing up Jerry Rice and Larry Fitzgerald, you'd hear all that and then some. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I think guys do that all of the time. You just don't ever hear it because of the 70,000 people in the stands. He's a competitive professional athlete, and I bet that if you had the benefit of mic'ing up Jerry Rice and Larry Fitzgerald, you'd hear all that and then some. 

Do you think Cousins just shrugged and said “Aww shucks Irv, no worries” on the next play?

MOSS WATCH:

Jefferson currently has 73 receptions for 1,182 yards and 7 TDs through 14 games.

We have a new Viking's WR rookie reception leader! Jefferson surpassed Moss's 69 receptions against the Bears yesterday with 8 catches!!

Moss' 1,313 yards  - JJ's 1,182 yards = 131 yards
131 yards/2 games = 65.5 YPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

There is "no" chance we replace Cousins this year so Jefferson better get used to his playing style.

FTFY.  Cousins will be the QB in 2021...and likely 2022, so he will definitely have to get used to it.  One of these next 2 drafts though the Vikings will get a new QB that will take Kirk's place, but for the foreseeable future, Kirk will be the guy.  

• Like 1