1.22 - MIN: Justin Jefferson WR/LSU (Jersey #18)

RpMc

21 minutes ago, swede700 said:

FTFY.  Cousins will be the QB in 2021...and likely 2022, so he will definitely have to get used to it.  One of these next 2 drafts though the Vikings will get a new QB that will take Kirk's place, but for the foreseeable future, Kirk will be the guy.  

Let’s just hope Jefferson doesn’t get upset the same way Diggs did with MN. Though, was Diggs more concerned with the offense or Kirk himself? Both?

it would be nice to have a WR who’s happy to play in the Vikes offense, though most WRs seem bipolar or narcissistic anyway so that might be asking a lot. Love Jefferson so far. Hope he’s a good one. 

Edited by vikingsrule

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Let’s just hope Jefferson doesn’t get upset the same way Diggs did with MN. Though, was Diggs more concerned with the offense or Kirk himself? Both?

it would be nice to have a WR who’s happy to play in the Vikes offense, though most WRs seem bipolar or narcissistic anyway so that might be asking a lot. Love Jefferson so far. Hope he’s a good one. 

I think it's been made real clear that Diggs thought the offensive scheme was his concern.  We certainly have no idea what Jefferson will think in 3 years, but right now, I don't think he has much of a say, even if he's not real fond of the scheme.  He's not into his 2nd contract yet, like Diggs was.  Jefferson likely has 4 more years (which includes the 5th year option) on his deal...we'll see where he's at then...for all we know by then, we'll have a new offensive scheme that will be more pass-first.    

50 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I think it's been made real clear that Diggs thought the offensive scheme was his concern.  We certainly have no idea what Jefferson will think in 3 years, but right now, I don't think he has much of a say, even if he's not real fond of the scheme.  He's not into his 2nd contract yet, like Diggs was.  Jefferson likely has 4 more years (which includes the 5th year option) on his deal...we'll see where he's at then...for all we know by then, we'll have a new offensive scheme that will be more pass-first.    

There's something about the modern WR position that produces the biggest divas and causes the biggest headaches.  On the diva scale, Diggs was an amateur.  But even receivers who seem to be "team oriented" can get a little chippy when things aren't going to their satisfaction...ala' Thielen.  

3 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

How can you possibly get upset when you just broke Moss’s reception record and there is a good chance he breaks the yards as well. 

I hope Jefferson knows that Randy is in the HOF 🙄

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

https://twitter.com/sharpfootball/status/1340742338075914242?s=21

So what do you guys think of this? Forgive me as I cannot post actual video footage (unless someone can show me). When JJ was overthrown for a TD, he screamed “**** Kirk, throw the ball!”. How do you feel about this?

Just a heat of the moment reaction.

4 hours ago, swede700 said:

And to put it into context a bit...

2018: 149 targets
2019: 94 targets

Both years he played 15 games. 

2 hours ago, Vikes22 said:

How can you possibly get upset when you just broke Moss’s reception record and there is a good chance he breaks the yards as well. 

I hope Jefferson knows that Randy is in the HOF 🙄

Same reason diggs did, an inept offense that becomes run happy during situations that the run isn’t working. We did that bs in back to back games, if we do that for a majority of this and next season, I can see Jefferson also getting angry. 

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

That is awesome to hear, he absolutely deserves it!  Odd thing is Stefon has made his first one ever this year as well.  Good for both guys but Justin Jefferson absolutely deserves it.

Odd thing is Harrison Smith not being included, Quandre Diggs made it instead but had 33 tackles, 4 INTs and 9 PD.  Harrison had 40 tackles, 4 INTs and 9 PD.  So very close to the same stats, yet Diggs plays along side Jamal Adams who also made it so clearly that helped him, much less playing around other more experienced DBs.  Obviously it matters how well the unit plays and since the Vikings D did not play well overall Harrison is out but dude has had to do a ton this year and is a better player than Quandre Diggs.  Harrison had to work arguably more this year than any with the young corners, sucks he missed it for the first time after making it five straight years.  Budda and Adams deserve it and Diggs is a good player but Harrison Smith should have made it.  Heck I would say Antoine Winfield Jr should have made it over Diggs, Winfield had 55 tackles, 2 FF, 1 INT, 5 PD.

Great to see local guy Frank Ragnow make it, that is cool, and good to see Orlando Brown Jr make it again after so many laughed at him at the combine.  They are not laughing now, dude is a legit pro.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

That is awesome to hear, he absolutely deserves it!  Odd thing is Stefon has made his first one ever this year as well.  Good for both guys but Justin Jefferson absolutely deserves it.

Odd thing is Harrison Smith not being included, Quandre Diggs made it instead but had 33 tackles, 4 INTs and 9 PD.  Harrison had 40 tackles, 4 INTs and 9 PD.  So very close to the same stats, yet Diggs plays along side Jamal Adams who also made it so clearly that helped him, much less playing around other more experienced DBs.  Obviously it matters how well the unit plays and since the Vikings D did not play well overall Harrison is out but dude has had to do a ton this year and is a better player than Quandre Diggs.  Harrison had to work arguably more this year than any with the young corners, sucks he missed it for the first time after making it five straight years.  Budda and Adams deserve it and Diggs is a good player but Harrison Smith should have made it.  Heck I would say Antoine Winfield Jr should have made it over Diggs, Winfield had 55 tackles, 2 FF, 1 INT, 5 PD.

Great to see local guy Frank Ragnow make it, that is cool, and good to see Orlando Brown Jr make it again after so many laughed at him at the combine.  They are not laughing now, dude is a legit pro.  

That’s the issue with the pro bowl, ppl always get snubbed for having the better seasons.Calvin Ridley deserved his first pro bowl this season too for the nfc but got snubbed also. Harrison Smith will never get his just do, honestly we aren’t any closer to winning a super bowl, I would love for us to trade him to a team that will hoist the trophy up so someone can give THE BEST safety in football the credit he deserves. I hate how nobody other than Vikings fans talk about him, but he has the numbers to prove it and has been the anchor of one of the best defenses of the 2010s.

Congrats to Jet, cheers to many more for him he deserves his chances. Truthfully, I think Ridley had a better season, but if anyone would snub someone to get to the pro bowl, I’m gonna pick Jefferson every time because he is one of us lol. 

Honestly, congratulations to Jefferson, but we need to come up with another nickname for him than "jet."  Everytime I hear it, I want to shout..."No, he now plays for the 49er's!"