Patriots trade 23rd pick to LA Chargers

DoleINGout

Murray has a lot of gaps. He has virtually no experience covering 1 on 1 and tends to misread run lanes. He relies pretty heavily on his athleticism in his pass rush. He has a high ceiling, could have a similar style to Jamie Collins at the height of his powers, however he has a lot of bust potential too. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, m haynes said:

I will lose a TV if that happens . They are not 2nd round talent we don't need a QB we have one get depth in the lower rounds.

Agree, don’t see Fromm or Hurts being worth a 2nd round pick and I wouldn’t be thrilled about either being taken in the 3rd either. Would rather wait until day 3 to take a QB

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Wish we had just picked up Murray at 23. Hopefully BB doesn't reach for another DB in the 2nd round again. 

You take the bad with the good lol

He's totally going to draft some flea cornerback from Rutgers at 37 but maybe he'll draft Jake Fromm in the 3rd round and turn him into a Hall of Famer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silence22 said:

Agree, don’t see Fromm or Hurts being worth a 2nd round pick and I wouldn’t be thrilled about either being taken in the 3rd either. Would rather wait until day 3 to take a QB

Idk, I like Fromm a lot.  He'd be a good fit here imo and good competition for Stid

Belichick generally blows his second round picks anyway

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 1:09 AM, silence22 said:

Guessing they’re going with a safety at #37...

Good call.

On 4/24/2020 at 1:18 AM, DoleINGout said:

I think they’ll go safety in round 3 where the value is better. I’d be pretty disappointed with McKinney, Delpit, or any safety at 37. I think Hurts or Fromm are a good bet.

I, like many others, were surprised they took a safety that soon and especially one from Division II. But at the same time, we weren’t really that surprised, unfortunately...

On 4/15/2020 at 12:08 PM, DoleINGout said:

That would be for Jordan Love

OR

What's more likely, is the Chargers trade picks #37 and #71 to get Jalen Hurts.

Pats then pick Fromm at #37 and have four third round picks to play with.

Between @silence22 and I... this Pats subforum nailed the draft direction the Patriots took.

*shoulder pats*

(no pun intended)