Niners traded up for Brandon Aiyuk at 25 WR

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, Ronnie's Pinky said:

According to Lynch, they are best friends; presumably, it's the Tampa connection. I think Lynch said as much in the Cowherd interview I posted in this thread.

Yeah apparently Herm Edwards is Lynch son's god father. Also Lynch knew Ron Rivera through herm Edwards and that it helped get Trent Williams deal done.

Just now, 757-NINER said:

I think his HOF career is all the revenge he needs tbh....

One of the reasons I wanted to win the super bowl more so than ordinary last year. If we had won, I could use some jedi mind trick arguments to say that we made the right call in drafting Alex Smith as opposed to Rodgers because had we won, we would have won the same amount of super bowls as rodgers since he was drafted, appeared in more super bowls, and I believe appears in more conference championships lol. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

One of the reasons I wanted to win the super bowl more so than ordinary last year. If we had won, I could use some jedi mind trick arguments to say that we made the right call in drafting Alex Smith as opposed to Rodgers because had we won, we would have won the same amount of super bowls as rodgers since he was drafted, appeared in more super bowls, and I believe appears in more conference championships lol. 

This is the wildest 4d Alex Smith stanning I have ever seen.

Well played, sir.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

FWIW, I 100%, absolutely would understand this thought about GB. Didn't quite understand the Miami stuff. 

Green bay makes sense to be worried about Aiyuk. 

Yeah GB makes more sense than Miami. Also think the intel they were getting about other teams was from Herm. 

15 minutes ago, Tubthumper said:

Let's all be thankful that we did not trade up for a QB like Green Bay did.  I am definitely pumped that we did not trade up for Jordan Love.  I am very excited to see what our offense will be with our injured WR's and Aiyuk added to the mix.  

I wonder if this will light a fire up Arods butt and he actually has a great season. 

Listening to Shanahan with Kawakami and it was interesting when they were talking about this pick. Shanahan said they were scared that Atlanta was taking Kinlaw so they couldn't trade past #15. But if Kinlaw was taken, then he feels they would have been forced to take a tackle or trade down there. After the Kinlaw pick, he thought his top three WRs would have been gone and Aiyuk would be taken from #18-22. The most interesting part came next…..Where he said we would have gone with another position there and probably would pass on taking a WR. What position do you think we go if not WR with our second first rounder? Corner? OT? 

5 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

If I had to guess, I'd say corner just because they talked about Mckivitz as a guy they thought about taking even higher than they did.

I'm guessing it was either a DE (a couple DEs arguably BPA, and hedging bets against Dee Ford's health) or a corner (Diggs or Johnson?).