Niners traded up for Brandon Aiyuk at 25 WR

49erurtaza

Just now, Forge said:

Any trade up for an offensive player during this regime should be met with great skepticism lol

I do agree with you, it hasn't been a great track record. But I think once Reagor went they knew they had to move fast. 49ers were able to drop one spot, get the guy they wanted, and get ammo to move up and get another guy they wanted. Of course, it depends highly on how the players turn out, but the draft day deals put together are impressive either way.

Just now, Aussie9er said:

Another meh pick for me when you take it the trade could of just say at 31 and taken mims or Pittman. 
Plus our record picking wideouts since lynch is pretty poor

Our record picking WRs in this century has been Meh 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm just going to trust Shanny on this, but I swear to god I did not see him do anything unique in the route running department and I feel like that is something I go out of my way to look for. I texted my friend about this with Aiyuk..love his physical profile and I do think he's a downfield threat, but I have no idea what does against press. Like..Deebo we saw it multiple times. Dude can destroy people at the line and also has some giddyup downfield..but Aiyuk is puzzling. I think the comparison to DJ Moore is fair. Great physical traits..raw and a very weird projection. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Idk I feel like he's full of it here. 

I don't think he's wrong about lasting to 31. There was a run on receivers and I would not have put it past someone to move up for him. Especially the Colts who need a lot of help at receiver. 

1 minute ago, John232 said:

I don't think he's wrong about lasting to 31. There was a run on receivers and I would not have put it past someone to move up for him. Especially the Colts who need a lot of help at receiver. 

I'm talking about if Kinlaw was taken before 13 they might have taken him there.

He compares to Michael Gallup when he came out 2 yrs ago. Gallup is legit starter in this league...even though Dallas did just draft Lamb lol Both were Juco transfer...needs some work as did Gallup to fine tune his over skills. But the talent is there. Hopefully this will help calm some of the nerves. 

1 minute ago, sherm said:

He compares to Michael Gallup when he came out 2 yrs ago. Gallup is legit starter in this league...even though Dallas did just draft Lamb lol Both were Juco transfer...needs some work as did Gallup to fine tune his over skills. But the talent is there. Hopefully this will help calm some of the nerves. 

It's funny because when they drafted lamb, I said I'm all in on trading for Gallup lol

• Like 1

I really want Dante Pettis to step up now. like..i fully expect him to be cut by TC and he's just going to resort ot twitch streaming..but the skills are there..if only he wasn't soft..he would fit in so well with this group. Kills me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Damn top rated WR 

Well u have to put it in Kyle terms. He ranks his wr based off of how he thinks they fit in his offense. So he isn't ranking every wr that went in the 1st rd. I'd call BS unless I see his board but I wouldn't put it past him that he was high up there. Kyle had his choice of Jeudy and Lamb and said no. 

9 minutes ago, John232 said:

I really want Dante Pettis to step up now. like..i fully expect him to be cut by TC and he's just going to resort ot twitch streaming..but the skills are there..if only he wasn't soft..he would fit in so well with this group. Kills me. 

I don't think he's cut, because I think there is some sort of trade value (6th rounder or something), but yeah,  it's 50/50 on whether he's on the roster to start the season