Niners traded up for Brandon Aiyuk at 25 WR

49erurtaza

4 minutes ago, John232 said:

KYLE YOU ******* *******

I don't doubt he liked Lamb(hard not to after watch his film). Though I always thought it would better if we went DT/WR than WR/DT. That's why we didn't take a wr at 13 or 14 cuz Kyle felt it was less of a drop off from wr than there was DT. Only 2 DT went in the 1st rd...hell only 4 DL went in the entire 1st rd. Not a good yr for DL in the 1st rd so we chose to wait on the deep position in wr.

• Like 1

I like the player, but goddamn kyle trying to say he was the number one WR the board and that if kinlaw was gone they were going to take him is insulting to be honest. Thats exactly what they said about ruben foster. 

This front office has literally never traded down more than 1 pick. The only time we traded away a pick it was for a future pick, and the pick we traded away ended up being friggin alvin kamara

We honestly cant help ourselves. We will never trade down lol 

20 minutes ago, N4L said:

I like the player, but goddamn kyle trying to say he was the number one WR the board and that if kinlaw was gone they were going to take him is insulting to be honest. Thats exactly what they said about ruben foster. 

There's a part of me that almost believes him though. This is what I was saying a couple of months ago lol

On 2/27/2020 at 5:18 PM, Forge said:

Aiyuk seriously smashes like every Shanny wide receiver requirement lol. 

On 2/24/2020 at 11:44 PM, Forge said:

I feel like if Shanny wants to go wide receiver, Aiyuk is going to be high on our list. The after the catch ability and his catch radius is big for such a little guy.

• Like 1

I added the part about not trading down because if kinlaw was taken and aiyuk is the target, we needed to trade down 10 picks or whatever. Its about value

Everyone looks good in highlight tapes, but here are some full games

I wasnt overly impressed watching this. I didnt like his first step or how slow he was off of the snap. I really didnt like that he allowed the DB to disrupt his route so much in the only time he was pressed. He was facing off coverage most of the game and I didnt see him take advantage of the space as much as I had hoped

There were a few times he was blocking on passing plays?? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

I really didnt like that he allowed the DB to disrupt his route so much in the only time he was pressed

It's one of the reasons I thought he and Jefferson weren't great fits because I think they are both largely slot guys and I was actually forced to advocate for Mims. He's got issues in tight to shed coverage. Being on the slot alleviates that because he won't be pressed as much

6 hours ago, John232 said:

I'm just going to trust Shanny on this, but I swear to god I did not see him do anything unique in the route running department and I feel like that is something I go out of my way to look for. I texted my friend about this with Aiyuk..love his physical profile and I do think he's a downfield threat, but I have no idea what does against press. Like..Deebo we saw it multiple times. Dude can destroy people at the line and also has some giddyup downfield..but Aiyuk is puzzling. I think the comparison to DJ Moore is fair. Great physical traits..raw and a very weird projection. 

This....THIS....and THIS

4 hours ago, N4L said:

I added the part about not trading down because if kinlaw was taken and aiyuk is the target, we needed to trade down 10 picks or whatever. Its about value

Everyone looks good in highlight tapes, but here are some full games

I wasnt overly impressed watching this. I didnt like his first step or how slow he was off of the snap. I really didnt like that he allowed the DB to disrupt his route so much in the only time he was pressed. He was facing off coverage most of the game and I didnt see him take advantage of the space as much as I had hoped

There were a few times he was blocking on passing plays?? 

Bingo! He got free releases a majority of the time. The few times I saw him face press, he didn't look comfortable...like at all. 

I mean its over and done with. I hope he makes me look like the biggest fool. But this feels excatly like Pettis for me. Move up for the WR Kyle wants. And that has been a total disaster to this point. I think the only reason they hit on Deebo is because they got a good look at him@the Senior Bowl. I do give him credit for liking Harry last year, who I was also high on. But the trade ups are what infuriate me the most. We shall see...