1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

11 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Not so sure.  12 wants to stay.  He's said as much on multiple occasions.  Love's poor performance can actually play in our favor.  Rodgers feels less threatened.  Also Love's value just took a big hit.  We might be able to re-sign Love for back up money and keep him around until Rodgers retires.  It's up to Gute IMO.  Whether or not we can get him done and manage the cap is the question.  We won't be able to bring both DaVante and Rodgers back tho.  That's the sucky part.

Love's performance could have been better, no doubt about that.  But I doubt his stock took a big hit.  He has tools you can work with and develop.  Is he ready.  Nope.  Maybe not next year either.  I'm thinking year 4 for him.  However, Rodgers was not ready in his second year (in fact he stunk just as much as Love did today) and that turned out ok for us.  A lot of people said we should have traded him at the end of his 3rd year for Favre.  These type of decisions make or break GM's and this GM drafted him so I do not expect him to give up on him.

While it would be nice if Rodgers stayed at the end of this year, I'm with Andrew Brandt....Rodgers is still leaving at the end of this year.

Jordan Love went 6-17 for 30 yards when blitzed today.

He was 13-17 for 160 yards when not blitzed.

He was 2 totally different players when blitzed and not blitzed. Hopefully over time he learns to handle pressure better but you can definitely see the talent there 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Love's performance could have been better, no doubt about that.  But I doubt his stock took a big hit.  He has tools you can work with and develop.  Is he ready.  Nope.  Maybe not next year either.  I'm thinking year 4 for him.  However, Rodgers was not ready in his second year (in fact he stunk just as much as Love did today) and that turned out ok for us.  A lot of people said we should have traded him at the end of his 3rd year for Favre.  These type of decisions make or break GM's and this GM drafted him so I do not expect him to give up on him.

While it would be nice if Rodgers stayed at the end of this year, I'm with Andrew Brandt....Rodgers is still leaving at the end of this year.

Unless he puts out some better tape no one is going to offer a big contract to Love.  What's he worth in a trade?  At this point not much.  Hope Brandt is wrong.  Rodgers has been pretty happy with the way things are going this year.  Says he and Gute have had good conversations.  A lot has change since the summer.  If they want to keep Rodgers they will have to commit to him with a new contract.  I am fine with it.  Also fine with giving Love more time to develop.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Unless he puts out some better tape no one is going to offer a big contract to Love.  What's he worth in a trade?  At this point not much.  Hope Brandt is wrong.  Rodgers has been pretty happy with the way things are going this year.  Says he and Gute have had good conversations.  A lot has change since the summer.  If they want to keep Rodgers they will have to commit to him with a new contract.  I am fine with it.  Also fine with giving Love more time to develop.  

Sam Darnold was traded for a second, fifth, and sixth despite teams having three seasons of his tape available.

Never underestimate the ability for NFL teams to make trades that make no sense.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Also Spags is a Capers clone. Eats young QBs alive, gets outwitted by just about every vet QB. LaFleur did not do a good job at all with the game plan knowing this.

Yeah I couldn't understand what the game plan was tbh. It's like they were trying to protect Love with easy throws but at the same time making him pass it a lot? The running game was underutilized imo

• Like 1

I thought Love did well. His numbers are pretty on par with elites on their first performance. Also, I remember dealing with Flacco and Ryan supporters in 2008, where I was like c'mon Rodgers is on another level. Love played an offense that no other rookie could command, really no other young starter could command. He struggled with 100% blitz packages in his first start, seems reasonable. Bad third down percentage is troubling, but that touchdown drive showed something. Also IF WE DONT HAVE THE WORST SPECIAL TEAMS OF ALL TIME.........

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kepler said:

Yeah I couldn't understand what the game plan was tbh. It's like they were trying to protect Love with easy throws but at the same time making him pass it a lot? The running game was underutilized imo

Its not that straight forward.

KC knew we wanted to run so when they weren't blitzing everyone they were playing the run. You have to take what the defence gives you and they were giving us the pass. We had to make them respect the pass so completing short passes was maybe the best way to attempt that.

9 hours ago, Scoremore said:

It was one game!  His first start ever in a regular season. Let’s give it time. 

3 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Its not that straight forward.

KC knew we wanted to run so when they weren't blitzing everyone they were playing the run. You have to take what the defence gives you and they were giving us the pass. We had to make them respect the pass so completing short passes was maybe the best way to attempt that.

Didn’t we average 4.9 per carry or did I read that wrong?

• Like 1

I thought he did fine. In the first half and part of the third you can tell the game was too fast but he started to catch up late in the third. On The int it seemed like Adams should have knocked it down but either way a lot of his throws were just a little off. If he can calm down and build on what he did well I think we may have something there.

Edited by Reaper
Typetarded
  • Like 2

They used to say it takes 10,000 of practice to be an expert. That number has been somewhat debunked, but no one argues that it takes a a lot of practice to be an expert. And the motivation to put in the time. Love isn't there yet, but hopefully he has the motivation. I haven't given up on him yet. Things seemed to start clicking in the 4th quarter for him. I'm more concerned about Crosby and the special teams!

• Like 2