1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

19 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Tonyan is a free agent, but coming off an injury plagued year the Packers might be able to keep him on a one year prove it type deal.

I like Tonyan as a player, but a blocker who's basically a 40-500-6 TE isn't that big a priority. I dunno, if Davante is gone, that frees up ~11 tgts/game so maybe Tonyan gets better by being able to sop up some of those, but I think he is what he is. 

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Tonyan is soft. Let him walk and upgrade the position.

If  you look at Deguara's rate #s and advanced passing stats, he's closer to Tonyan that one might think. In addition to being a good blocker. And I am willing to give a slight bump for his on-point beard game. 

Edited by Mr Bad Example

11 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

If  you look at Deguara's rate #s and advanced passing stats, he's closer to Tonyan that one might think. In addition to being a good blocker. And I am willing to give a slight bump for his on-point beard game. 

Yeah I think they should just roll with Deguara and a couple picks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I keep him around, too. But we need a talent infusion at that position for MLFs offense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

We need *something* - we cant have an entire position group fall off the face of the earth as TE did this year.

The expectation for tight ends is typically year three. At least it was. TE was a position you could ignore with Rodgers playing QB, but if it’s going to be Love, the Packers would either have to expect Degaura to have a significant leap or re-sign Tonyan, who might be cheaper than people expect.

If we move on from Rodgers, now is the time we would have to invest in some talent at WR/TE. Have to get Love confident before you can start taking pieces away from him and put them on defense.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

The expectation for tight ends is typically year three. At least it was. TE was a position you could ignore with Rodgers playing QB, but if it’s going to be Love, the Packers would either have to expect Degaura to have a significant leap or re-sign Tonyan, who might be cheaper than people expect.

If we move on from Rodgers, now is the time we would have to invest in some talent at WR/TE. Have to get Love confident before you can start taking pieces away from him and put them on defense.

As I just mentioned elsewhere....IMO we need to elevate the position group into a true offensive weapon. We encounter other teams that pose coverage problems for us from the TE position. We need to do that to others. It's past time.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Agree, the more safety valves Love has, the better.   IIRC, isn't Aaron Jones contract up after next year?  Might need to do something there, he's a great dump off guy, but if they are looking to move on, you'll need a pass catching back.  

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

As I just mentioned elsewhere....IMO we need to elevate the position group into a true offensive weapon. We encounter other teams that pose coverage problems for us from the TE position. We need to do that to others. It's past time.

Maybe we can pry Noah Fant away from Denver in a Rodgers deal.  I'd love to add Fant and Jeudy, along with a couple firsts for Rodgers.  They have the depth to do it if that's what the Packers wanted.  It would be two nice pieces to put around Love.

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Maybe we can pry Noah Fant away from Denver in a Rodgers deal.  I'd love to add Fant and Jeudy, along with a couple firsts for Rodgers.  They have the depth to do it if that's what the Packers wanted.  It would be two nice pieces to put around Love.

I don't see us getting two 1st rd picks AND two former 1st rd picks.  Prolly not even last summer but definitely not now.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Dont know...cant say. I've not followed Fant's career (and know nothing about Jeudy other than comments here) - other than he was one of the 3 TE's I wanted to draft....back when.

Depending on which position groups we drafted first - I wanted EDGE/FS/TE - I had Fant as one of the 3 TEs in a group of Hock, Fant & Sternberger.