1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

16 minutes ago, R T said:

When a Packer fan dreams up a trade, does it mean the other teams has to except it?  

Considering we have seen Packer fans invent countless trade scenarios over the years and then get mad when said scenarios don't happen, yes.

18 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Holy imagine if we could get a third first round pick this year.

Who are available free agent quarterbacks?

For options better than Ryan Fitzpatrick? Just Winston. Trade market has Jimmy G, Baker and maybe Cousins or Matt Ryan left in it.

Right now the Colts, Saints, Texans and Panthers have gaping holes at the position. Seahawks, Giants, Lions, Vikings, and Falcons all might decide to go for a sudden change. 

And Kyler Murray I suppose could become interesting again this offseason.

I think that Love could find himself garnering interest prior to the draft, especially if teams aren't in love with any of the rookies this year.

Edited by Sandy

10 minutes ago, Sandy said:

For options better than Ryan Fitzpatrick? Just Winston. Trade market has Jimmy G, Baker and maybe Cousins or Matt Ryan left in it.

Right now the Colts, Saints, Texans and Panthers have gaping holes at the position. Seahawks, Giants, Lions, Vikings, and Falcons all might decide to go for a sudden change. 

And Kyler Murray I suppose could become interesting again this offseason.

I think that Love could find himself garnering interest prior to the draft, especially if teams aren't in love with any of the rookies this year.

I meant veterans to replace Love as backup.

I would die happy if Fitzpatrick took over and won a Super Bowl for us.

35 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Holy imagine if we could get a third first round pick this year.

Who are available free agent quarterbacks?

Ha ha ha....hey I'll tell you never thought we'd score a 1 and 2 for a tag and trade of Davante.  Acquiring team has to make him the highest paid WR in the NFL at age 29?  Thought we'd get a 2.  Never say never.  But in the case of Love NEVER.  Thought maybe a team would make an offer on him.  Who's left?  Carolina, Seattle, Houston, Indy, maybe the Saints.  Mayfield is now going to be traded.  Jimmy G is on the block.  You have the draft.  Dunno getting thin looking like he may be back in GB.  Doesn't make any sense to trade him for less than a 2.  Maybe Philly, Pitt, and the Giants would want to bring in some competition.  After all the recent QB movement don't think he's going to be traded this year. 

Edited by Scoremore

Like this is a bad draft for quarterbacks.  Basically of all of the good quarterbacks available have found new teams (sometimes for a huge cost).  Teams are facing the possibility of running it back with Andy Dalton or Marcus Mariota or Jameis coming off a bad knee injury in November, in case they can't convince themselves that Trubisky or Drew Lock or a damaged goods Baker Mayfield are the answer.

There is absolutely no reason to sell cheap on Love, since the Packers do not need to trade him at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I meant veterans to replace Love as backup.

I would die happy if Fitzpatrick took over and won a Super Bowl for us.

Ah I see. And **** yes getting some Fitzmagic coming off a lost season to lead us to the Owl!

Aside from him, there's Dalton, Mariota, Geno Smith, Trevor Siemian, Gabbert, Glennon, couple others...if we trade Love we get our pick of solid backups, assuming we don't just roll with Benkert

I’m 90% sure we’re trading Love during the draft, if not before. The QB carousel has to settle first though, because no team is trading a pick for Love if they think they can still get Baker or whoever. Can’t believe we can’t entice Indy that a young guy with 2 years under LaFleur isn’t worth more than, who, Kenny Pickett? 

Anyways, some team who misses out on their first round QB might give up a second for Love. I could see Gute packaging a 1st and 2nd to move up in the first and then recouping the 2nd with Love. Inshallah, anyways. Power of positive thinking LFG 

8 hours ago, Isherwood said:

I’m 90% sure we’re trading Love during the draft, if not before. The QB carousel has to settle first though, because no team is trading a pick for Love if they think they can still get Baker or whoever. Can’t believe we can’t entice Indy that a young guy with 2 years under LaFleur isn’t worth more than, who, Kenny Pickett? 

Anyways, some team who misses out on their first round QB might give up a second for Love. I could see Gute packaging a 1st and 2nd to move up in the first and then recouping the 2nd with Love. Inshallah, anyways. Power of positive thinking LFG 

Right now, Baker Mayfield is the only QB that I'd argue "upgrades" someone's QB room.  Jameis WLinston probably ends up back in New Orleans, so the QB carousel is almost done moving.  Jimmy G is the only real other unknown we have left.  Just going down the list.

Buffalo - Josh Allen
Miami - Tua Tagovailola
New England - Mac Jones
NY Jets - Zach Wilson

Baltimore - Lamar Jackson
Cincinnati - Joe Burrow
Cleveland - Deshaun Watson
Pittsburgh - Mitchell Trubisky

Houston - David Mills
Indianapolis - Sam Ehlinger
Jacksonville - Trevor Lawrence
Tennessee - Ryan Tannehill

Denver - Russell Wilson
Kansas City - Patrick Mahomes
Las Vegas - Derek Carr
LA Chargers - Justin Herbert

Just going through the AFC teams, the only ones where you could argue in favor of Jordan Love would be Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, and Houston.  But Houston seems intent rolling through 2022 with Mills as their QB.  Indianapolis appears to be the preferred destination of Baker Mayfield, so it'll be interesting to see how that turns out.  Pittsburgh signing Trubisky seems to imply they're going QB shopping in the draft.

Dallas - Dak Prescott
NY Giants - Daniel Jones/Tyrod Taylor
Philadelphia - Jalen Hurts
Washington - Carson Wentz

Chicago - Justin Fields
Detroit - Jared Goff
Minnesota - Kirk Cousins

Atlanta - Matt Ryan
Carolina - Sam Darnold
New Orleans - Jameis Winston?
Tampa Bay - Tom Brady

Arizona - Kyler Murray
LA Rams - Matthew Stafford
San Francisco - Trey Lance
Seattle - Drew Lock/Geno Smith

Going through the NFC, there are a few more clear QB needs.  Carolina and Seattle both need QB upgrades.  Giants probably need a new QB, but they seem intent on giving Daniel Jones every opportunity to secure that position.  Detroit probably is looking for their QBOTF, so they could get one but it probably comes via the draft.

Overall, I think you're looking at Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Carolina, and Seattle as the remaining QB carousel teams.

• Like 1