1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

6 minutes ago, JordanLoveFTW said:

There is absolutely no saying he will be fine. 

The way the Packers handled Favre said a lot about what they thought of Rodgers.

Conversely, the way the Packers handled Rodgers says a lot about what they think of Love. 

The odds are stacked against Love right now. All three pieces of information we have lead to him busting. 

1. 1st round quarterbacks have a high bust rate

2. The Packers bent over backwards for Rodgers

3. Love has looked poor in his limited snaps

Nothing says he will be just fine. There’s a chance he’ll be fine, but nothing so far makes it easy to say he’ll be just fine like you say. 

1. QB's high bust rate comes mainly because they are forced to play to soon. 

2. Packers bent over backwards for Rodgers because he re-dedicated himself and is playing at an MVP level, that landscape changed and you don't move on from a MVP in MVP form. Note; they moved on from Favre in Rodgers 4th season. 

3. Love hasn't looked poor. 

Love will be fine with more live reps under his belt. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JordanLoveFTW said:

2. The Packers bent over backwards for Rodgers

This crap really needs to stop being regurgitated.  When was the last time a FORMER FRP played behind a back-to-back MVP at ANY position?  Not just QB.

I think quite the opposite of "The Packers bent over backwards for Rodgers." Having Love in the room, and being someone they thought highly enough to spent a first round pick on it gave the Packers leverage with Rodgers.  When the news dropped about 13 months ago that "Rodgers wants to be traded" being able to say "we're going to be get Jordan Love ready to start week 1" let them play hardball in a way that "we're going to get Blake Bortles ready to start week 1" would just get you laughed at by everybody.

I don't believe Rodgers is still in Green Bay if they didn't pick Jordan Love.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think quite the opposite of "The Packers bent over backwards for Rodgers." Having Love in the room, and being someone they thought highly enough to spent a first round pick on it gave the Packers leverage with Rodgers.  When the news dropped about 13 months ago that "Rodgers wants to be traded" being able to say "we're going to be get Jordan Love ready to start week 1" let them play hardball in a way that "we're going to get Blake Bortles ready to start week 1" would just get you laughed at by everybody.

I don't believe Rodgers is still in Green Bay if they didn't pick Jordan Love.

I still wanted Bortles SZN

19 hours ago, Norm said:

Do we though?

Do those 6 quarters of hardly any starter prep mean anything anyways?

Just saying we've got preseason performances, coaching staff comments, etc.   We've got a good idea of how good he was the last two seasons and it wasn't starting caliber.

He was a very young rookie, he was expected to be a project, the offense is pretty complex, and he's had a great attitude, so I definitely won't call him a bust. I'm just not expecting greatness or even goodness until he shows he can take that step forward. 

16 hours ago, MVP21 said:

We really don't. He played roughly 5 quarters of preseason football(some of which was against the Bills starting defense using Packers backups) and preseason is almost never worth anything when it comes to judging players. He has 6 useful quarters of football which we can judge from which while those 6 quarters aren't pretty they are far from creating a full picture to say whether he will bust or not, on top of that I posted at the time what some of the top QBs did in their first career starts

Rodgers: 18/22 178 yds 1 TD 0 INT

Mahomes: 22/35 284 yds 0 TD 1 INT

Brady: 13/23 163 yds 0 TD 0 INT

Wilson: 18/34 153 yds 1 TD 1 INT

Allen: 18/33 245 yds 1 TD 2 INT

Stafford: 16/37 205 yds 0 TD 3 INT

Dak: 25/45 227 yds 0 TD 0 INT

Lamar: 13/19 150 yds 0 TD 1 INT

Herbert: 22/33 311 yds 1 TD 1 INT

Murray: 29/54 308 yds 2 TD 1 INT

Burrow: 23/36 193 yds 0 TD 1 INT

Averaging out the 1st starts of the above QBs btw comes to an average of 

19.7 completions, 33.7 attempts, 220 yards, .5 TDs, 1 INT

Love's line in his 1st career start was 

19 for 34 for 190 yards with 1 TD & 1 INT. He almost nailed that average dead on

I expected Love to be erratic but show signs of brilliance which got him drafted in the 1st round.  What we've seen is a complete JAG.  A Blaine Gabbert/Colin Kaepernick type of QB who can do a decent job of getting what is schemed for him but not much else. 

Mahomes' debut actual made the organization comfortable with him taking over, while Love's debut eliminated that discussion.  Most if not all of these guys passed the eye test.  Love did not.  

7 hours ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

I expected Love to be erratic but show signs of brilliance which got him drafted in the 1st round.  What we've seen is a complete JAG.  A Blaine Gabbert/Colin Kaepernick type of QB who can do a decent job of getting what is schemed for him but not much else. 

Mahomes' debut actual made the organization comfortable with him taking over, while Love's debut eliminated that discussion.  Most if not all of these guys passed the eye test.  Love did not.  

Mahomes was taking over for Alex Smith, there's quite a large difference between Alex Smith & back to back MVP Aaron Rodgers

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

Oh great this guy and LoveFTW in the same thread.

900000 replies today incoming.

How much does FF pay these trolls for the traffic? 0.00001 cent a post? Gonna make me money than me today. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

There is no such thing as "conservation of talent".  There can be as many high end quarterbacks as there are human beings on earth.  It's just that most people are not put in a position to succeed and allowed to maximize their innate talent.

With 32 teams in the league, only 15 people on earth can be above-average relative to starting NFL QB's.  Even among 1st-round picks, the odds are rarely great that a guy will be one of those above-average starters, even if given opportunity to succeed.  

For QB's who don't end up in that upper half, it's *NOT* always because they were mishandled.  I don't think it's **always** due to being rushed, or *not* being given opportunity to succeed or to maximize their innate talent.  

11 hours ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

Gabbert and Kaepernick aren't in the same universe when it comes to production/talent.

If you get prime Kaepernick level production from Love for multiple seasons, that would be great. Of course, Love doesn't have the rushing ceiling so he'd have to produce more as a passer.

• Like 1