1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

20 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I probably have a lot of Jordan Love posts to bump of people hating the dude if he becomes even remotely good lol

I've been known to bump a thread or post of my own as well.

I hated the Love pick, but understood it.  Never hated Love, rather I hated taking QB at that time.  Now?  It's looking smarter and smarter by the day.

5 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I hated the Love pick, but understood it.  Never hated Love, rather I hated taking QB at that time.  Now?  It's looking smarter and smarter by the day.

I don’t go out looking for posts to bump actually, just saw mine on the first page and was like hey that’s me!

On 3/29/2023 at 11:30 AM, NYRaider said:

What are your realistic expectations for him this year?

Just to look like a NFL QB that we can build around for the future. If that happens, its been a good year and we can look forward.

Not expectations on stats as there are too may moving parts outside of Love.  Team wise, the roster is probably weaker in 2023 and Love is a young QB who will make mistakes so not expecting anything more than 6-11 or so for the team.  If we make the playoffs that's great and will be ahead of the curve but really its about Love looking like he belongs and other young guys making a jump.

10 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Just to look like a NFL QB that we can build around for the future. If that happens, its been a good year and we can look forward.

Not expectations on stats as there are too may moving parts outside of Love.  Team wise, the roster is probably weaker in 2023 and Love is a young QB who will make mistakes so not expecting anything more than 6-11 or so for the team.  If we make the playoffs that's great and will be ahead of the curve but really its about Love looking like he belongs and other young guys making a jump.

This roster does have a lot of talent still though. If we stay lucky health-wise, add some pass catchers to the room and see a solid season from Love, we should be in the conversation for the division title.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I know this and generally anything that comes from Reddit is complete BS. But it is interesting that it points out that Rodgers thinks Love is going to be good. Would jive with what he said about Love on macafee

Don't need reddit to tell ya. You have me who's been saying this for awhile now.

On 4/12/2023 at 8:48 AM, vegas492 said:

Same boat.  At the time, I just thought that it was two season too early.  Nothing against Love, just the timing.  Now that the time has come to transition, I find myself less optimistic from what I have seen from Love so far, compared to others.  But I wouldn't trade him for any of the QBs that we have had the opportunity to draft since.  

As for what to expect, I think a similar season to Rodgers' 2008.  Some really good, some struggles, probably a game or two out of the playoffs.  I am just looking for Jordan to look the part.  

On 4/12/2023 at 8:48 AM, vegas492 said:

I remain convinced that AR12's increasingly disagreeable behavior/personality regarding the org. and team building/coaching had as much to do with drafting a QB as any perceived drop in talent. Many think that's crazy or don't like to hear it said, or think you should just have put up with it, but I just can't be convinced it didn't play a major role. 

Edited by Isherwood

17 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I remain convinced that AR12's increasingly disagreeable behavior/personality regarding the org. and team building/coaching had as much to do with drafting a QB as any perceived drop in talent. Many think that's crazy or don't like to hear it said, or think you should just have put up with it, but I just can't be convinced it didn't play a major role. 

So Aaron can time travel and knew several years ahead of time we'd take Love and decided to pout early. Interesting.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

So Aaron can time travel and knew several years ahead of time we'd take Love and decided to pout early. Interesting.

Mmmm...I'm alluding to other things. His treatment of McCarthy, especially by the end. Things that would make Murphy say "don't be the problem", etc... A lot of it is conjecture, but his personality was a slight red flag even in the 2005 draft and a lot of it has come true. I am certain there is a lot we don't know. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

Mmmm...I'm alluding to other things. His treatment of McCarthy, especially by the end. Things that would make Murphy say "don't be the problem", etc... A lot of it is conjecture, but his personality was a slight red flag even in the 2005 draft and a lot of it has come true. I am certain there is a lot we don't know. 

Maybe I misread your post. I agree that he's always had that personality red flag. It worked as a positive until he found success. Then it was a detriment for the next decade.

• Like 1