1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

Wishing the kid well that's for sure. He's clearly got some mental strength. Being drafted to GB with AR here and all the talk the last year he kept his sh*t together. He did not have to deal with BF of course but still wasn't easy.

Lot of hope for him be exciting to see a new season with a new QB in GB. Be kinda fun, like when AR had his first year. I will keep the expectations low, hope to see improvement, low TO's, competent QB, good footwork and such. If we finish below 500 big deal in his first year. Grow the team with the draft we have more capital now. 

Here is to the draft next week. 

3 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I believe Jordan Love will be a top tier QB. 

I can't wait to find out.  I'm hoping LaFleur is up to becoming an elite play caller. The better he performs the better Love will perform.  I think we also need a.major talent infusion at TE and WR for Love to maximize his potential. 

So much depends on LaFleur adjusting the offense to what he has. This is the age of the running QB in the RPO systems. Love has the size, strength and speed to be an effective run/pass option quarterback--but LaFleur has to install that component as a basic part of the playcalls. Here's hoping....

1 minute ago, Gypsy1027 said:

So much depends on LaFleur adjusting the offense to what he has. This is the age of the running QB in the RPO systems. Love has the size, strength and speed to be an effective run/pass option quarterback--but LaFleur has to install that component as a basic part of the playcalls. Here's hoping....

Hoping he doesn't.

Love has scramble ability but he's not a RPO QB. Nor would you want to risk his long term future doing so. He's very very much a pocket passer and that game will age well for him. He's not limited that way like traditional RPO QBs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gypsy1027 said:

It should be a component of the offense but I don’t need the kid getting Trey Lanced just because we can get some extra yards out of his legs. AR was a decent enough athlete but mainly he had enough of a read on defenses that he could grab some yards, even as an old fart, knowing the nearest defender and the sideline were sufficiently far enough away for him to scramble. I want Love getting real experience reading defenses under fire. If there is an alley to run, take it but a solid throw to the open man always covers more yards. Don’t need our new QB getting broken on a called run up the gut. 

17 minutes ago, Reaper said:

Can you imagine the collective air leaving the Chicago area if love looks good?

See I don’t want this because of Chicago persay…. I want Love to be a Hall of famer because just think about what that means.

that would mean 45 years of that in GB. Almost a half century. And from a league perspective what does that do for drafting QBs? Does GB become the statistical outlier or the model?

Do teams start drafting young guys and just sit on them even if they are number one overall?

I want it for that.

• Like 2

I mean, at the very least the hope is that Jordan Love is going to be someone who will run the offense as it's designed.  He'll take the easy reads, run play-action, and throw over the middle of the field.  He doesn't have anything to prove by running secret plays with hand signals that the coach isn't aware of.

2 hours ago, MacReady said:

Are you all ready to see a QB run an offense with some speed and rhythm again?

Because I sure as **** am.

That's part of the intrigue for the upcoming season.  We're going to actually see a QB who will run LaFleur's offensive system.