1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

Just now, MantyWrestler said:

Did you watch Aaron Rogers last year?  Yep, he makes some amazing passes that almost o one else can. Now tell me he never saw him miss on a wide open player! Bet he made some bad reads too. 

Fact is, this kid has gifts very few people have. 

I haven't made any comments about Aaron in this thread. He has nothing to do with Love's issues as a QB prospect.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Macc_Aviv said:

Not super important to his ability as a QB but love the play @2:09 where he's blocking 2 guys. 

You mean where he gets hit by 2 defenders and one of them makes the tackle on the ball carrier several yards behind the LOS???  I wouldn't call that blocking....but I do get your point, at least he puts forth the effort.

8 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

It's good film overall. Yet the issues are still readily apparent. Do you not see evidence of ball placement inconsistency or being late on numerous reads? Because if that's the case then we don't agree.

Which plays are you seeing that are problematic?

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

I haven't made any comments about Aaron in this thread. He has nothing to do with Love's issues as a QB prospect.

Sure he does. He’s made similar mistakes last year as the ones your dogging Love for making. He misses wide open guys once in a while. He makes bad reads. Bet he made them in college too. 
But,  both of these guys have special tools that maybe... maybe Tua and Burrows have too and besides an injury to Tua they would have gone 1-2. With a better supporting cast, Love could have been in that catagory too.

Surely you don’t deny his gifts with arm strength, throwing on the move, moving in the pocket and cat quick release, even accuracy. Some of those misses could be fixed with a little more work and refinement on fundamentals. 

I liked the idea of Love depending on the board before the draft and after seeing what we had to pick from I like the pick even more. 

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Which plays are you seeing that are problematic?

Early throw down the sideline that i believe resulted in PI is a whiff. Misses another guy wide on a corner the next drive. Throws an out late that gets picked in the NFL. When the game was on the line late his placement on multiple slants was just off and cost them first downs and the drive eventually ends with a tipped pass and a pick. There is more during the middle of the game that were just flat out misses but I don't feel like going back and rewatching that game for the 4th time since the season has ended to give timestamps. This isn't a one or two throw per game thing.

Edited by Bullet Club

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Who else knew beyond a shadow of doubt as soon as we showed up as on the clock that we traded up for Love?  It was literally half a second of excitement followed by a, “Oh, ****, it’s Love.”  

My heart dropped at first.  It absolutely was a bummer.  As is obvious in this thread, I like it and think it was a great move, but it was a definite bummer.

Who else had the foresight to start a poll about the kid becoming out starting QB on April Fools Day? The board was as divided then as they are now! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

Early throw down the sideline that i believe resulted in PI is a pick in the NFL every time. Misses another guy wide on a corner the next drive. Throws an out late that gets picked in the NFL. When the game was on the line late his placement on multiple slants was just off and cost them first downs and the drive eventually ends with a tipped pass and a pick. There is more during the middle of the game that were just flat out misses but i don't feel like going back and rewatching that game for the 4th time since the season has ended to give timestamps. 

Who was available that was a better pick?

The only guy I’d give you , and I can understand the eventual need there too, is the OT Jones From Houston but he’s be a backup too. I’ll take future starting QB over future starting RT any day.

Serious question, who’d you want?

Just now, Golfman said:

Who else had the foresight to start a poll about the kid becoming out starting QB on April Fools Day? The board was as divided then as they are now! 

Golfman you were all over the LOVE TO PACKERS scenario long ago.

Given your prescience I've got to ask, what led you believe that Love might well be the Packers pick?

Just now, MantyWrestler said:

Who was available that was a better pick?

The only guy I’d give you , and I can understand the eventual need there too, is the OT Jones From Houston but he’s be a backup too. I’ll take future starting QB over future starting RT any day.

Serious question, who’d you want?

I wanted anyone other than the QB who I don't think is going to be a good pro. The bar is not high to beat that.

5 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Golfman you were all over the LOVE TO PACKERS scenario long ago.

Given your prescience I've got to ask, what led you believe that Love might well be the Packers pick?

Not gonna lie! I didn't know! I started reading about the kid and watching him. Thought he was the modern day QB and with some coaching up which he needs he might be a steal. 

I remember in 2005 when Tennessee passed on Rodgers I called my brother and told him he was sliding to us and we were taking him. He laughed. Haven't had a feeling like that since about end of March on Love. No insight other than a hunch. 

I had no knowledge of this happening but the timing seemed right if he were to fall. NO Nostradamus moment, pretty much luck to be honest! 

Edited by Golfman

39 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He has a ton of great ball placement throws too. Enough so that accuracy while not on his "pros" list, shouldnt be on any cons list either.

Reads are an experience thing, no worries about that as long as you have the right staff in place. Most college QBs come out with that issue. 

He does just fine with his reads. Not sure why people keep saying this is a knock on him. Big difference watching him in 18 vs. 19 is him forcing throws. Throw on any game and you’ll see him work multiple reads. 

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I wanted anyone other than the QB who I don't think is going to be a good pro. The bar is not high to beat that.

The nature of complaining necessitates an offer for an alternative solution. Name your guy you wanted instead of Love so we can all judge your opinion in 5 years :)