1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

15 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I think it would be by a comfortable margin too. 

I strongly disagree though I think another year would've benefitted him if he could've recreated his 2018 year. 

40 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Love would’ve still had the same crappy coach and scheme. 

and didn't said coach get canned? Giving Jordan Love the benefit of the doubt, it makes a fella REALLY wonder if he may have been held back?

Edited by Joe

Love's team graduated most of his offense and he was playing with scraps in his last season.

Talent around him held him back in his last year.  He took risks because he had to.  You can see it on his game tape.

He's got what you want in a QB.  Size.  Head.  Feet.  Arm.  Now he just needs coaching and NFL strength.  All of which he is getting while watching one of the greats play the game on the field.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Joe said:

I strongly disagree though I think another year would've benefitted him if he could've recreated his 2018 year. 

and didn't said coach get canned? Giving Jordan Love the benefit of the doubt, it makes a fella REALLY wonder if he may have been held back?

I believe Jordan Love’s draft prospects was hurt with the cast he played with, who may have no other NFL caliber players on that squad. 

People questioned his ‘decision making skills ‘ , his numbers decreasing so much . Ints up . Jordan Love had to push the envelope. He had to take chances because the talent around him was poor. The only way they had a chance to win was if he took those risks. 

One scout said it best that he’s going to throw in bigger windows in the pros than he did in college. Love continuously made NFL throws. It doesn’t impress me seeing guys like Mac Jones and the Oklahoma QBs throwing to largely wide open receivers. That doesn’t tell me anything about his NFL future. And you seen it with Tua where he didn’t recognize ‘ NFL open ‘ his rookie year. 

Jordan Love is an imperfect prospect, but his ceiling is huge. He really is Mahomes-esque. If he were in a OU , Ohio St or any descent school, we wouldn’t have had a chance at him . 

I’ll gladly be the conductor of his hype train. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I believe Jordan Love’s draft prospects was hurt with the cast he played with, who may have no other NFL caliber players on that squad. 

People questioned his ‘decision making skills ‘ , his numbers decreasing so much . Ints up . Jordan Love had to push the envelope. He had to take chances because the talent around him was poor. The only way they had a chance to win was if he took those risks. 

One scout said it best that he’s going to throw in bigger windows in the pros than he did in college. Love continuously made NFL throws. It doesn’t impress me seeing guys like Mac Jones and the Oklahoma QBs throwing to largely wide open receivers. That doesn’t tell me anything about his NFL future. And you seen it with Tua where he didn’t recognize ‘ NFL open ‘ his rookie year. 

Jordan Love is an imperfect prospect, but his ceiling is huge. He really is Mahomes-esque. If he were in a OU , Ohio St or any descent school, we wouldn’t have had a chance at him . 

I’ll gladly be the conductor of his hype train. 

This made me really excited for life a few years from now. I'd love to hear the scout that said that.

Edited by pgwingman