1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

HA!  Historic return.  Love being better than Goff.  #2 ranked defense.  Lots of assumptions in my book.

Think whatever you want, I'm going to sit here and enjoy #12 without worrying about the "what ifs".

If you preface something with "if" there is no assumption present...

29 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

If you preface something with "if" there is no assumption present...

I'm just going to sit here and enjoy our MVP.  If I'm thinking about anything, it's about how long Rodgers can play at an elite level in the offense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReadyToThump said:

Guys, what is Love looks like a soggy sack of sheep **** all preseason?

What if he looks like the next Patty Mahomes?!

Ahh, the anticipation is real. 

If he looks like crap they will extend Rodgers and hope Love can grow into a quality backup, and then down the line grow into a something more.

If he's Mahomes the Packers will deal Rodgers after 2021.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If he looks like crap they will extend Rodgers and hope Love can grow into a quality backup, and then down the line grow into a something more.

pretty much this. I don't think the plan is 100% certain yet. Not doing anything with Rodgers contract is a big tell to me. 

I was watching LeRoy Butler talk on his show.  He made a great point regarding Rodgers.

He said something like this, "Speaking as a player that has been there and done that, I feel like too many players are more concerned about how much money they can get in their next contract versus what they were just paid."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

HA!  Historic return.  Love being better than Goff.  #2 ranked defense.  Lots of assumptions in my book.

Think whatever you want, I'm going to sit here and enjoy #12 without worrying about the "what ifs".

I don't think it is a thing anyone is worrying about, including Aaron. It is just business, and the business decision would be pretty easy if an AFC team offers 3 firsts or more. In my view, Rodgers on a favorable contract will be the most valuable QB to hit the trade market since Joe Montana. 

I want Rodgers to find success on Jeopardy because I think he has figured out that life is bigger than football. He seemed to figure this out after his second concussion. 

The reality is that Rodgers is one concussion away from hanging them up and can't be relied on. If we can trade him and Love can be productive, we should. 

30 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

I want Rodgers to find success on Jeopardy because I think he has figured out that life is bigger than football. He seemed to figure this out after his second concussion. 

The reality is that Rodgers is one concussion away from hanging them up and can't be relied on. If we can trade him and Love can be productive, we should. 

This is why I post about the other side of the coin. Things are getting out of hand with this. As a fan, if you don't like him, or don't want his contract, just man up and say so. Stop making stuff up

Edited by cannondale

25 minutes ago, cannondale said:

This is why I post about the other side of the coin. Things are getting out of hand with this. As a fan, if you don't like him, or don't want his contract, just man up and say so. Stop making stuff up

I am a big Rodgers fan, as a football thrower and person. I wear his Jersey regularly and his picture is on my wall right in front of me, next to Favre's. I will continue to cheer for him when he is on another team.

The business decision to move on is the sum of all parts (contract, age, lifestyle, value).

Watch the first video here. Clearly Rodgers is more evolved than most in thinking abut concussions. 
Watch: Rodgers talks concussions, UFOs on 'Any Given Wednesday' (postcrescent.com)

Edited by HokieHigh

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

100% correct

• Like 1

3 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

BUT

BUT

WHICH ONE WILL IT BE!?!

Those were pretty much rhetorical questions, btw.

Have we ever gone into a preseason with this much on the line? 

This could, and most likely will be a monumental preseason for the entire Packers organization.

3 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If he (meaning Love.....) looks like crap......
My initial read was: If he (meaning Rodgers....) looks like crap they'll extend him.....and I'm like: Why would we do that?  :)