1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

On 5/31/2021 at 12:09 PM, VonKarman said:

As a European, it amazes me how little vacation Americans have, how many hours they work and ****ed they are if they don't have a good job and they get ill. Specially since it's one of the richest countries in the world.

Don't you think there's a correlation there with GPD etc? The healthcare part is a different story, but when I lived in Europe ( I loved it) it always amazed me how little some countries worked and their high unemployment rates etc.

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Don't you think there's a correlation there with GPD etc? The healthcare part is a different story, but when I lived in Europe ( I loved it) it always amazed me how little some countries worked and their high unemployment rates etc.

China has a similar but lower GDP to the US. Greater if you factor in purchasing power parity (PPP GDP) though. 

28 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

How in the heck did a Jordan Love thread get to China's GDP? LOL

This is the Packers forum on FF, just ignore the thread titles. Anything goes lol. I'm just glad it wasn't me messing up a topic for once

• Like 1

I want Jordan Love to be the Terry Bradshawest QB since Troy Aikman.

I want him to be average AF with a knack for key moments in the postseason.

I’m sick of having era-relative GOAT quarterbacks who get ****ed with no defense while getting paid too much.

Or I want him to fizzle out so quick after his first Super Bowl win we can get rid of him quickly.

Both since the Packers clearly can’t get it through their skulls how beneficial it is to trade a QB before re-signing them.

22 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Obviously it's gonna be a factor. But personally I don't see the benefit of having a very large income if you cannot enjoy it as much as other or if a large chunk of your population is screwed if they get sick. Once you get to certain amount of wealth I feel like time and freedom are more valuable than being able to buy fancier things than what you have. And yes, we work much less than you guys (specially in Northern Europe, where they work the least). My contract says I gotta work for 35 hours each week and I get around 45 days a year of fully-paid vacation. Obviously not everyone is that lucky, but it's pretty common thing.

Regarding the unemployment rates, it varies from country to country. Where I live (Spain), there's high unemployment rates in the southern part of the country (it's an endemic problem). Other countries, such as Netherlands have some of the lowest employment rates in the world.

I just feel like if you had a law that stated a mandatory month of vacation (or something similar to what we have) you'd be one of the most attractive countries where to live in, if not the most.

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m sick of having era-relative GOAT quarterbacks who get ****ed with no defense while getting paid too much.

Or I want him to fizzle out so quick after his first Super Bowl win we can get rid of him quickly.

Both since the Packers clearly can’t get it through their skulls how beneficial it is to trade a QB before re-signing them.

Not wanting a great QB? That’s a new one. It’s not an either or option either.

14 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I believe you can get a decent deal on a QB if you extend them after year three instead of waiting until year 4 or 5. Especially if Love is good not great at that time. Also, given his forth year salary is going to be minimal. 

It has never worked for a team to keep swapping out QB's every 4 years.