1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

1 hour ago, hitnhope said:

The final answer is far from being in.   I'm just waiting for something that looks a little special.   So far, I haven't seen any.   Like I said earlier, it would be great if I were wrong.

At this point if AR leaves, I think we need to try and invest in another who has the chance to be the next QB.    Have to get a backup anyway.

Love has played what?  6 quarters?   And he got better with each one which is all you can ask of him at this point.  Ppl writing him off before even gets a 2nd start lol. 

Just now, thrILL! said:

Love has played what?  6 quarters?   And he got better with each one which is all you can ask of him at this point.  Ppl writing him off before even gets a 2nd start lol. 

As I said, the final chapters aren't written, so no I haven't "written him off".     

Anyone showing real confidence based on what he has accomplished to date are basing it far more on hope than anything else.   He got better?  Maybe a little bit, but there sure was a ton of room for improvement.  It would have been hard for him to get worse based on how things started.

19 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

As I said, the final chapters aren't written, so no I haven't "written him off".     

Anyone showing real confidence based on what he has accomplished to date are basing it far more on hope than anything else.   He got better?  Maybe a little bit, but there sure was a ton of room for improvement.  It would have been hard for him to get worse based on how things started.

Forget the final chapters.  These are the opening chapters lol.

And yes he did get better. You’re just refusing to acknowledge it.  He looked completely shook in the first half vs KC but looked solid in the 2nd half esp in the 4Q.  He took over Rodgers vs DET and led them to more points than Rodgers did against the same D.  He’s only played 5 1/2 qtrs. 

And there’s always room for improvement for every player. 

8 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

ppl misremember Rodgers’ first game being vs DAL. Nah… it was this turd of a performance.  Love played better than this! 

Look at all the flashes!! And the clear signs of great arm talent!! 🙄

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Look at all the flashes!! And the clear signs of great arm talent!! 🙄

What has Love done that would give you any confidence?   His biggest thing to date was getting drafted by the Packers.

He hasnt shown a strong arm.  He hasnt shown an accurate arm.  He hasn't thrown with anticipation that would make up for the first 2 problems.

Make fun, I know it is what you like to do, Is there some evidence of skill?  Refer me to  plays he has made that show a high level of talent.

It was obvious from the beginning that Favre had incredible arm strength.   rodgers showed arm strength,  and touch at times.   As others have noted he looked bad at times, but ignore the positives with him because that is the popular thing to do on this board. 

Show me some evidence and I will feel a lot better about the future.  It's not that I don't want to see the talent with Love.  If he has these talents, I don't think he has shown them yet.    It's only 6 quarters of play, but I would hope to see more positives mixed in among the totally expected negative plays.

10 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

What has Love done that would give you any confidence?   His biggest thing to date was getting drafted by the Packers.

He hasnt shown a strong arm.  He hasnt shown an accurate arm.  He hasn't thrown with anticipation that would make up for the first 2 problems.

Make fun, I know it is what you like to do, Is there some evidence of skill?  Refer me to  plays he has made that show a high level of talent.

It was obvious from the beginning that Favre had incredible arm strength.   rodgers showed arm strength,  and touch at times.   As others have noted he looked bad at times, but ignore the positives with him because that is the popular thing to do on this board. 

Show me some evidence and I will feel a lot better about the future.  It's not that I don't want to see the talent with Love.  If he has these talents, I don't think he has shown them yet.    It's only 6 quarters of play, but I would hope to see more positives mixed in among the totally expected negative plays.

I never said I had confidence. I'm saying the supposed universal confidence after Rodgers playing in the beginning is a narrative created AFTER he became a god. People didn't have a clue yet after this same amount of playing time either. We just pretended we did after the fact 

Edited by Norm
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

I'd ask you to prove your stance.  I'd venture a guess you can't.

2 hours ago, hitnhope said:

He’s been better than AR through 6 quarters. Small sample size but still better

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd ask you to prove your stance.  I'd venture a guess you can't.

Do I need to put together a post of poor decisions, inaccurate passes etc?  We all know they were there, and prove pretty much nothing.  All young QB's have bad plays.  

The good ones tend to have plays that make you see the potential.    Tell me when they took place for Love.m   Tell me game and time, I will find them myself.  Not plays that every QB on an NFL roster can make.   Early in Favre's time he showed extreme arm strength multiple times every game.  

Some want so much for Love to be great that they are ignoring what our eyes have and have not seen.  

Just now, CWood21 said:

No.  Unlike you apparently, 90% of the forum is in the wait and see approach.

How many times do I need to say the story is incomplete?   We are still in the first chapter. We will all wait and see.   Did I advocate trading Love?  NO.  In another thread I noted that it wouldn't make any sense.

I just wish the first chapter showed more promise.