1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

21 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

It takes two to tango and as soon as a worthy free agent shows genuine interest in GB, both of those cap moves can be made in 9 seconds flat
But the FAs chose other teams, so no need to make those moves, yet. ( Packers were rumored in on several including Hooper and E. Sanders + others)

The broncos drafted a QB in round 1- Tommy Maddox while Elway still had multiple years left, drafted another in QB round 3 in Brian Griese and still one more in the 5th round. The broncos also did not invest a 1st- 3rd on WR in the lead up to those SB wins. But in 1998, they puled the trigger on a 1st round WR who was a complete bust in Marcus Nash.

https://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/teams/broncos

All you can say is that the Packers didn't follow your strategy to be ALL IN, and on that I agree. But Shanahan building a potent running game is what got Elway his 2 Titles and it appears the Packers are working toward building a more potent running game. And what is a QB's best friend ? A potent running game that forces teams out of Cover 2 and into the much more favorable single high...which is exactly what Rodgers wants.
He's said as much on several occasions.

A defense which gives up 300 rushing yards in a playoff game isn't taking anyone to a championship.

43 minutes ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

A defense which gives up 300 rushing yards in a playoff game isn't taking anyone to a championship.

43 minutes ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

Seriously, are you trolling or just a pot stirrer?  Or both?  Ignore button here we come.

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

It takes two to tango and as soon as a worthy free agent shows genuine interest in GB, both of those cap moves can be made in 9 seconds flat
But the FAs chose other teams, so no need to make those moves, yet. ( Packers were rumored in on several including Hooper and E. Sanders + others)

The broncos drafted a QB in round 1- Tommy Maddox while Elway still had multiple years left, drafted another in QB round 3 in Brian Griese and still one more in the 5th round. The broncos also did not invest a 1st- 3rd on WR in the lead up to those SB wins. But in 1998, they puled the trigger on a 1st round WR who was a complete bust in Marcus Nash.

https://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/teams/broncos

All you can say is that the Packers didn't follow your strategy to be ALL IN, and on that I agree. But Shanahan building a potent running game is what got Elway his 2 Titles and it appears the Packers are working toward building a more potent running game. And what is a QB's best friend ? A potent running game that forces teams out of Cover 2 and into the much more favorable single high...which is exactly what Rodgers wants.
He's said as much on several occasions.

You think that installing the running game is more of the team going "All in" with Rodgers or going "All in" with their young, successful head coach?

I see it more as MLF getting his guys to run his scheme.  And that may end benefiting Rodgers, if he allows it.  If not, it allows our coach to move on.  Which is also a possibility.

As far as Maddux and Greise go....Greise was drafted in Elways' last year.  Thinking he even said it was his last year, that made sense.  Maddux was drafted in Elways prime.  Rodgers ain't in his prime and he's also not in his last year before he retires, which is why I see Love more as a "MLF guy".  I honestly feel like MLF was tired of watching film of Rodgers doing it "his" way over and over and wanted to be ready to cut ties and not be bound to a QB who wasn't buying into the system.  (And obviously, Rodgers can overcome all of this by buying more into the system.)

Edited by vegas492

58 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

You think that installing the running game is more of the team going "All in" with Rodgers or going "All in" with their young, successful head coach? I see it more as MLF getting his guys to run his scheme.  And that may end benefiting Rodgers, if he allows it.  If not, it allows our coach to move on.  Which is also a possibility.

"If he allows it?"

This sets up an interesting equation: If AR doesnt buy in it allows the HC to move on?

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I honestly feel like MLF was tired of watching film of Rodgers doing it "his" way over and over and wanted to be ready to cut ties and not be bound to a QB who wasn't buying into the system.

Many fans and even Bert Favre are projecting their personal feelings and opinions onto AR and MLF.
Unfortunately, there is no credible evidence to support your suppositions and the court over- rules your objections... strenuously. 

Demi-Moore-300x202.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Seriously, are you trolling or just a pot stirrer?  Or both?  Ignore button here we come.

What isn't true regarding his statement?   Questioning why we didn't help our defense makes perfect sense.  

27 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Many fans and even Bert Favre are projecting their personal feelings and opinions onto AR and MLF.
Unfortunately, there is no credible evidence to support your suppositions and the court over- rules your objections... strenuously. 

Demi-Moore-300x202.jpg

I don't think you are right about that thing, either.  Bert.  Which....well....I don't like that either, but I'm a Favre guy.  Always will be.

Favre is part of the media, he's on Sirius XM all the time.  He was asked a question and answered it.  I don't have any problem with anything Brett said.

Also...I don't feel like Rodgers much cares.  It is what it is.  He knows he can control the outcome, just like Favre knew he was in control of the outcome when Aaron first came around.  It really isn't much different, except that Brett was talking retirement for a few years before it happened.  Rodgers talked about wanting to play until he's 40.

But...if we are playing the cute picture, meme game...I've got one for you.  :)

You-cant-handle-the-truth-meme-generator

16 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Favre is part of the media, he's on Sirius XM all the time.  He was asked a question and answered it.  I don't have any problem with anything Brett said.

I don't have a problem with Favre speaking for Favre, I'm quite certain he said exactly how he feels and its exactly how he felt & reacted back in 2006
Its nearly word for word. Andrew Brandt wrote about the hissy- fit Brett pitched, so that's coming from somebody with direct knowledge and its well- documented.  Where I and others have an issue is him suggesting through innuendo that's how Aaron feels. Its not.

Last year the imaginary rift was with Rodgers and LaFleur post- MM. The media knobs milked that as long as they could, but what happened is that they were wrong - the two got along very well and Rodgers gave MLF credit for one of the funnest NFL seasons he's ever had.
That too is well-documented 

So yes, the media will milk this one for all its worth.
But Brett speaks only for Brett and nobody else and the media is only too happy to give him a platform to poop on the Packers.
He's not quite over it is he ?  :)

He's good for ratings and that's all that was - a ratings stunt with little or no connection The Truth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

I don't have a problem with Favre speaking for Favre, I'm quite certain he said exactly how he feels and its exactly how he felt & reacted back in 2006
Its nearly word for word. Andrew Brandt wrote about the hissy- fit Brett pitched, so that's coming from somebody with direct knowledge and its well- documented.  Where I and others have an issue is him suggesting through innuendo that's how Aaron feels. Its not.

Last year the imaginary rift was with Rodgers and LaFleur post- MM. The media knobs milked that as long as they could, but what happened is that they were wrong - the two got along very well and Rodgers gave MLF credit for one of the funnest NFL seasons he's ever had.
That too is well-documented 

So yes, the media will milk this one for all its worth.
But Brett speaks only for Brett and nobody else and the media is only too happy to give him a platform to poop on the Packers.
He's not quite over it is he ?  :)

He's good for ratings and that's all that was - a ratings stunt with little or no connection The Truth.

Who documented Rodgers "funnest" year?  Media "knobs"?

Guess I didn't see it as Brett pooping on the Packers.  I saw it as he was asked a question and answered it.

And...if it was Rodgers "funnest" year....he certainly didn't show it much on the field.  To me, it looked like it was "work" and not "play".  When he "played" the game, we saw grins, smiles, belts, celebrations...etc.  That wasn't around much last year.  But who knows, he's been there, done that so many times that maybe he doesn't feel the need to be that outgoing on the field anymore.  And that is just fine.

And to be fair to Rodgers here, he did do some nice celebrating with Pettine and others after the defense closed out a few games.  That was cool to see.

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

You think that installing the running game is more of the team going "All in" with Rodgers or going "All in" with their young, successful head coach?

I see it more as MLF getting his guys to run his scheme.  And that may end benefiting Rodgers, if he allows it.  If not, it allows our coach to move on.  Which is also a possibility.

As far as Maddux and Greise go....Greise was drafted in Elways' last year.  Thinking he even said it was his last year, that made sense.  Maddux was drafted in Elways prime.  Rodgers ain't in his prime and he's also not in his last year before he retires, which is why I see Love more as a "MLF guy".  I honestly feel like MLF was tired of watching film of Rodgers doing it "his" way over and over and wanted to be ready to cut ties and not be bound to a QB who wasn't buying into the system.  (And obviously, Rodgers can overcome all of this by buying more into the system.)

I think the initial report that this was LaFleur pushing the Love move is BS, and in fact, it's been reported since that it was basically Gute's call from start to finish. LaFleur isn't an idiot. He wants to remain a HC. To remain a HC he has to win games. To win games, especially in the short term over the next 2-3 years, Aaron Rodgers is BY FAR the best option at QB. Personally, I don't think LaFleur has any interest whatsoever in starting over at QB any time soon, regardless of whether 12 goes rogue now and then during the game. That same QB got LaFleur 13 wins in his rookie season. 

This was a "top-level executive" move by the Packers. It was made purely from a financial standpoint looking ahead to 2022/2023/2024. 

Edited by packfanfb

21 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Who documented Rodgers "funnest" year?

Rodgers, Bahk, Bulaga and several other veteran Packers said the same thing -  it was really cool to hear them say it and you could see it on Sundays
They really came together and played for each other, can't ask for more than that in year 1 of the MLF Era.

22 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Guess I didn't see it as Brett pooping on the Packers.  I saw it as he was asked a question and answered it.

Of course you wouldn't see it that way -  because you agree with Brett and have the same opinions.
Which is where this whole debate started - with you and Brett projecting your thoughts and opinions onto Rodgers.
I can have the court reporter read it back to you if you'd like...

Why is the narrative WRT our 2nd/3rd round picks that LaFleur wanted players to fit his scheme, instead of we wanted offensive weapons and they were the best available? Gute said that’s why he picked Dillon and Deguara.