1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

5 hours ago, Norm said:

May this joke never die, please

Somebody may have to archive the OP for those future posters who won’t have faith without they touch the wound in Norm’s side where he hurt himself laughing. The Holy Grail of Most Random Reaction posts must abide.

Goodness knows how the words will mutate over time considering the mistaken usage and deliberate distortions to come and the forgotten knowledge of whence it came. 

Edited by Uffdaswede
  • Like 1

From another site, I got this from a poster (called RT) who quoted the Chiefs GM, suggesting there was a push to move back into the first round for Love.

The Chiefs GM Brett Veach was ask about if he thought about trading out of the 1st round and if he had any offer to do so. He said that they were very active in the back half of the first round with teams early in the second that were interested in trading back into the 1st if their player was still there. He said after Jordan Love was selected the calls stop coming and they end up drafting the highest player on their board in Clyde Edwards-Helaire. I think it is fair to assume that it wasn't just KC that was fielding those calls.

10 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

From another site, I got this from a poster (called RT) who quoted the Chiefs GM, suggesting there was a push to move back into the first round for Love.

The Chiefs GM Brett Veach was ask about if he thought about trading out of the 1st round and if he had any offer to do so. He said that they were very active in the back half of the first round with teams early in the second that were interested in trading back into the 1st if their player was still there. He said after Jordan Love was selected the calls stop coming and they end up drafting the highest player on their board in Clyde Edwards-Helaire. I think it is fair to assume that it wasn't just KC that was fielding those calls.

Interesting. Presumably those same teams were calling the Packers, which signalled to them that they needed to jump up if they wanted Love. Explains why they leapt a bunch of teams that didn’t need quarterbacks. 

I was disappointed to lose the 4th rounder when it happened, but in hindsight what it tells me is that they really see something in Love. That has me more excited about the pick. 

The signature is a travesty though. 

15 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Interesting. Presumably those same teams were calling the Packers, which signalled to them that they needed to jump up if they wanted Love. Explains why they leapt a bunch of teams that didn’t need quarterbacks. 

I was disappointed to lose the 4th rounder when it happened, but in hindsight what it tells me is that they really see something in Love. That has me more excited about the pick. 

The signature is a travesty though. 

It would have been nice if they could have just sat tight at 30 and got their guy, but it is what it is.  If that kid is a good one and takes over and the winning tradition continues, nobody will care about that lost 4th rounder.

34 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

We have to sign somebody that can teach Love to throw to the middle of the field. 

Me. It's all I do on Madden but I also put up Winston like numbers though

I think Outpost hit the nail exactly in the "middle" of the head. His post is "spot on." The issue of using the field between the lines, not outside of them, I believe will be critical to seeing Love's passing game improve or not.  

I don't see it (Packers dealing Rodgers after 2020 season) unless 2020 is a bust and Love shows so much talent that the team has to act.  Still, I would think the Packers would want a nice draft pick or two back as compensation from someone.  It might be hard for them to get it since others will probably know the various scenarios the Packers are faced with.  If the Packers are a strong playoff team in 2020 it will be very hard to justify dealing Rodgers.

The whole timing of the Love pick has never made a lot of sense to me .. I like the player, but think the timing is off by two years or so.  If this kid sits for three or four years the Packers will never realize the huge benefit of having a cheap starting QB.  

21 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The whole timing of the Love pick has never made a lot of sense to me .. I like the player, but think the timing is off by two years or so.  If this kid sits for three or four years the Packers will never realize the huge benefit of having a cheap starting QB. 

This is like saying you can't understand dating a girl you're in love with because you can't see yourself thinking about being married for another couple years. When you ARE ready, there's no guarantee there's even a girl you LIKE available.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This is like saying you can't understand dating a girl you're in love with because you can't see yourself thinking about being married for another couple years. When you ARE ready, there's no guarantee there's even a girl you LIKE available.

It would be a bigger reach to suggest that a girl would date me , than it was for The Packers take Jordan Love in round 1!!!

Boom, nailed the jokes!

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This is like saying you can't understand dating a girl you're in Love with because you can't see yourself thinking about being married for another couple years. When you ARE ready, there's no guarantee there's even a girl you LIKE available.

Yes
And a part of the calculation by the Packers front office was that they wouldn't often get a shot at a girl this hot because they'd be drafting so late over the next few seasons. All of those top OTs and top WRs pushed Love into their grasp - whereas they couldn't count on that happening over the next 1- 2 drafts.
It might have worked out to wait, but the odds were against it - so they seized the moment for a girl they wanted

NoteGirl.gif

• Like 1

The hubris in suggesting draft grades you saw in a global pandemic year is the same draft grade NFL teams had on players is ****ing astounding.  

Edit: Oops.  Thought I was in Josiah D. Thread.  Too lazy to change it.

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 2