1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Man I bet the Colts are pissed at us, too.  They lose Luck, hope to get Love and then the Packers of all teams trade up and take him first.

Love would have been perfect for them.  

They drafted a raw, high-upside player at an appropriate time in the 4th round.  A 1st round QB should be expected to start right away in today's NFL, or require a year's development at worst.

6 hours ago, YaddaHolla said:

It’s so sad that you post more in the GB forum than in your own forum. I know it’s dead and uneventful but it’s just getting pathetic now. 

Live look in @Patriotplayer90 in the Pats forum

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f298ce110fe04aeb268d2

So Patriot is a term coined by and is exclusive to New England?

19 minutes ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

They drafted a raw, high-upside player at an appropriate time in the 4th round.  A 1st round QB should be expected to start right away in today's NFL, or require a year's development at worst.

Nothing about Eason is high upside. QBs like him are a dime a dozen. 

And love the arbitrary cutoff for what you think a 1st round QB should be. In other situations, there's no telling when Love would be ready so using a timeline that doesn't fit our window as an example is a way to move goalposts to fit whatever narrative you want to have. For all we know, Love will be ready next year. Love, by every measurable, is a first round QB. Always was. Always was going to be. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

So Patriot is a term coined by and is exclusive to New England?

You’re right, drafting a QB in the first and letting them develop for one to three years behind an established starter NEVER works out...

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 9:08 AM, Patriotplayer90 said:

Unfortunately, being a very flawed prospect and  being passed over by many teams for that reason doesn't count as being pushed down.  I guess Deguara was pushed down as well, even though he was viewed as a 6th round prospect.

Except it doesn't appear he was "very flawed" considering Gute already confirmed that teams were looking to move up to select him.

• 3 weeks later...

I was debating my friend on the college passing of Baker and Lamar. My stance was there wasn’t much difference , Baker just looks better because of his weapons/ his guys getting schemed open. So I watched Baker again and I seen what I seen before . Not a bad passer by any means, but wouldn’t call him surgical. 

Then I watched some more Jordan Love. And I’ll say this, J Love threw and completed much more NFL caliber throws than Baker. Jordan Love earned much more of his completions , yards and TDs than Baker did. 

3 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I was debating my friend on the college passing of Baker and Lamar. My stance was there wasn’t much difference , Baker just looks better because of his weapons/ his guys getting schemed open. So I watched Baker again and I seen what I seen before . Not a bad passer by any means, but wouldn’t call him surgical. 

Then I watched some more Jordan Love. And I’ll say this, J Love threw and completed much more NFL caliber throws than Baker. Jordan Love earned much more of his completions , yards and TDs than Baker did. 

Off topic but people generally consider Baker a better passer right now than Lamar? I don't necessarily disagree, I just didn't know that and you made it kinda sound like the consensus.

18 minutes ago, Norm said:

Off topic but people generally consider Baker a better passer right now than Lamar? I don't necessarily disagree, I just didn't know that and you made it kinda sound like the consensus.

Agree.  It is not a consensus.  Lamar can really spin the ball and has a better arm.  Mayfield appears to be more of a leader, but the shine really came off of him last year.  While Lamar seems to be improving.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Agree.  It is not a consensus.  Lamar can really spin the ball and has a better arm.  Mayfield appears to be more of a leader, but the shine really came off of him last year.  While Lamar seems to be improving.

Suspicious Will Smith GIF

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Norm said:

I don’t believe now, coming out I believe The consensus was that Baker was the superior passer. 

As a passionate but totally unskilled observer of these two young QB's, I have to say how much I have enjoyed this discussion. And I think Lodestar is on the right track. Baker's  leadership qualities likely are his best asset, especially given the team situation he is in. But I love how Lamar is progressing. His game is really coming on.

15 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I don’t believe now, coming out I believe The consensus was that Baker was the superior passer. 

Okay yeah agreed. I think that is exactly the case. I just read too much into your post I think

1 hour ago, Norm said:

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

Lamar's throwing motion isn't very good.  Baker's is better.

As a pure thrower of the ball?  I'd take Baker.

But there's more to playing QB than spinning a pretty ball.  Lamar all day long.  But if he doesn't change up that motion some, I fear he will go the way of Cam and injuries will zap his career.