1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

So you said insane,  lol top ten ish still. You get it. Quit crying and just admit when youre wrong. Its a bad look with you.

Holy idiot, Batman.... Just wow!

So much wrong with your nonsense it's hard to fathom. Instead of owning your awfulness, you get your panties in wad & lash out.

Sorry sport, I just don't have time for that BS tonight... Have fun.

2 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Holy idiot, Batman.... Just wow!

So much wrong with your nonsense it's hard to fathom. Instead of owning your awfulness, you get your panties in wad & lash out.

Sorry sport, I just don't have time for that BS tonight... Have fun.

Haha chill robin. Nobody cares.

Youre my little sidekick now. With your rowdy ***.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 2

On 11/6/2020 at 6:05 PM, Joe said:

Initially, we heard that "there's a lot to clean up" which shouldn't surprise anyone given his particular weaknesses coming into this draft. Sources are leaking that it still isn't going all too well either. 

I still stick by my stance that trading up and drafting him was a really dumb move, but given how Rodgers is playing at the moment and if Rodgers is still playing at this level in two years do we develop Jordan Love to a point where we give him a start a la Matt Flynn with a year left on his contract and  and if he throws for 300 with a pair of TD's do we dangle him as trade bait?

What source is leaking this info?  I’ve seen this a couple of times on this board but I haven’t been able to find anything.  Thanks,

literally read two more posts and see the discussion.  My apologies 

Edited by Cpdaly23

On 11/9/2020 at 3:31 PM, vegas492 said:

If I'm playing the crystal ball game (and I have no issue with your selection), I'm trading back farther and getting one of Antoine Winfield, Jaylon Johnson or Trevon Diggs then one of Shenault or Claypool.  I'm using that trade back ammunition to get us two of those guys.

From what I can recall I don’t think there was much demand for teams to get back into round 1, so gute made the decision to trade up and ensure he got the last “First round caliber” player on his board.  There simply may not have been a trade partner willing to give the packers fair value in a trade down scenario.

Edited by Cpdaly23

3 hours ago, Cpdaly23 said:

From what I can recall I don’t think there was much demand for teams to get back into round 1, so gute make the decision to trade up and ensure he got the last “First round caliber” player on his board.  There simply may not have been a trade partner willing to give the packers fair value in a trade down scenario.

Also, I'm not sure if this was substantiated or not but the rumor was that we had a deal with the Dolphins in place and it was presumably for Aiyuk considering we knew Minny wasn't taking 2 WRs in the 1st. San Fran apparently caught wind of this and made the move up to take Aiyuk and we took the next guy on our board that we liked/wanted. It happens.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Also, I'm not sure if this was substantiated or not but the rumor was that we had a deal with the Dolphins in place and it was presumably for Aiyuk considering we knew Minny wasn't taking 2 WRs in the 1st. San Fran apparently caught wind of this and made the move up to take Aiyuk and we took the next guy on our board that we liked/wanted. It happens.

But no one would pull the trigger on a trade if the guy they wanted wasn't there. They didn't "fall back" on Love as a consolation prize. They traded up for him specifically. 

16 minutes ago, Smidgeon said:

But no one would pull the trigger on a trade if the guy they wanted wasn't there. They didn't "fall back" on Love as a consolation prize. They traded up for him specifically. 

I didn't say the "fell back" on Love. They made that deal with both guys in mind.

• Like 1

Just now, Nick_gb said:

I'm aware of that, but for some reason I thought Jefferson was the only WR they were interested in and when Minnesota took him, it was Love for them. I swear I read that somewhere.

Definitely possible. I'm going off what I remember as well, so my take isn't infallible.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I'm aware of that, but for some reason I thought Jefferson was the only WR they were interested in and when Minnesota took him, it was Love for them. I swear I read that somewhere.

Someone reported that they were high on Aiyuk too.  I don't recall who though.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, squire12 said:

probably someone at 31 flavors.    I think Ferris Bueller was on his death bed was also reported there

Yeah, no one who is privy to any of that information would disclose any of it- maybe in some tell all book 20 years after retirement and they still could be bsing.   I don't want a front office who feels comfortable talking to any media guys.  Say what you will about TT but I loved his aw sucks nice guy veneer, but i'm not telling you guys ****!  One of my favorite quotes from him when they were asking about some 'inside" reports about the process. “I know for a fact that they don’t have any inside information because sometimes I’m the only inside information and I’m not telling anybody.”  

Keep it close to the vest and when it all works out, act like that was the plan all along.  If not, you'll be looking for work eventually. Building a contender is very hard, keeping one damn near impossible.

Edited by Refugee