1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

8 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Lot of buzz still on if we shoulda drafted Love or not, and I want it on record that I am still a huge fan of the pick.

I'll go on record and say was a terrible pick in April, as well as today, and everyday going forward until he actually contribute's to this team. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, landoc88 said:

I'll go on record and say was a terrible pick in April, as well as today, and everyday going forward until he actually contributes to this team. 

Yep... The kicker is it's actually terrible picks... A 1st & 4th for Love is the awfulness.

• Like 1

I mean whats the plan here if Rodgers is MVP level fire from here on out and makes it impossible to even consider dropping him? Because that has a highly probable chance of occurring.   Do we just ride out Aaron's contract, then do the 5th year option for Love just to see what we got there?  Love better be a straight up killer to justify that gamble.

Edited by HeresAGuy

I’m ok with BPA having learned from the Rodgers pick.   I know this is all about Love.   But it’s not all about a Beatles song.    The 2nd-4th rounds hurt them.    No Immediate contributors like Clay or BJ.    (Both grabbed in the same year). Zero immediate contributors for first four rounds.    It seems they are content being a 9-7     10-6     playoff team and not much else - the stadium is sold out for 35 years after all.    Good $ so until another Harlan arrives.... we’ll eat it up

17 minutes ago, Starchisaga said:

I’m ok with BPA having learned from the Rodgers pick.   I know this is all about Love.   But it’s not all about a Beatles song.    The 2nd-4th rounds hurt them.    No Immediate contributors like Clay or BJ.    (Both grabbed in the same year). Zero immediate contributors for first four rounds.    It seems they are content being a 9-7     10-6     playoff team and not much else - the stadium is sold out for 35 years after all.    Good $ so until another Harlan arrives.... we’ll eat it up

Deguara would have been an immediate contributor. They wont be either of those records ever under lafleur so far. Kamal is producing asap but thats the 5th round so doesnt count i guess. Runyans helped out the depth of the OL still doesnt count though probably. If jones gets hurt, like he did, we're still 2 RB deep. Which is important for us. But for some reason that doesnt count. Signed a backup tackle to ensure we can keep it rollin if we lose time from a starter, like we did. But that probably doesnt matter either..

So yeah! Totally aiming for 9-7!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starchisaga said:

The Packers are 7-2 with no immediate contributors.  I'm fine with that.

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Deguara would have been an immediate contributor. They wont be either of those records ever under lafleur so far. Kamal is producing asap but thats the 5th round so doesnt count i guess. Runyans helped out the depth of the OL still doesnt count though probably. If jones gets hurt, like he did, we're still 2 RB deep. Which is important for us. But for some reason that doesnt count. Signed a backup tackle to ensure we can keep it rollin if we lose time from a starter, like we did. But that probably doesnt matter either..

So yeah! Totally aiming for 9-7!

My favorite part is "no immediate contributors like Clay and BJ" and he's talking about mid-round picks. Clay and BJ were 1st rounders lol.

9 hours ago, Starchisaga said:

this post stinks 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

My favorite part is "no immediate contributors like Clay and BJ" and he's talking about mid-round picks. Clay and BJ were 1st rounders lol.

Getting some wild takes on a 7-2 season. I don't think we're the best team in the league but we're giving ourselves a decent shot.

• Like 1

What is the big problem with saying we drafted more to stay good going forward then we drafted to get over the top in 2021?    That is what we did.

People can argue over which is the better path.

If we were drafting to improve our SB chances this year we certainly would have tried to address the run defense.  We ignored that because the leadership felt it more important to develop a succession plan at QB and RB