1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

30 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I agree with all of what is said here. I’m also not giving Rodgers all of the credit for his historic season. This system is very QB friendly . 

A lot wanted him traded. The Aaron Rodgers Depreciation thread has to be somewhere 

Oh, found the thread.  Read the first page.  Seriously, go read it.  You can thank @Outpost31 later.  All you gotta do is read the first page.

36 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Oh, found the thread.  Read the first page.  Seriously, go read it.  You can thank @Outpost31 later.  All you gotta do is read the first page.

Apologize if I were a bit antagonistic before. Truth be told, I’m really amped up for Sunday. Haven’t felt this way since we lost to Seattle in the NFCCG years ago. I think we had too good of a chance last year or vs Atlanta ( was that before or after the Sea championship game ), where I was more cautiously optimistic. This year I think it’s our time. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I believe Jordan Love’s draft prospects was hurt with the cast he played with, who may have no other NFL caliber players on that squad. 

People questioned his ‘decision making skills ‘ , his numbers decreasing so much . Ints up . Jordan Love had to push the envelope. He had to take chances because the talent around him was poor. The only way they had a chance to win was if he took those risks. 

One scout said it best that he’s going to throw in bigger windows in the pros than he did in college. Love continuously made NFL throws. It doesn’t impress me seeing guys like Mac Jones and the Oklahoma QBs throwing to largely wide open receivers. That doesn’t tell me anything about his NFL future. And you seen it with Tua where he didn’t recognize ‘ NFL open ‘ his rookie year. 

Couldn't agree more, seasoned pro's are questioning his ceiling and his ability. I do think Tua can turn it around, but bear in mind Tua didn't have to carry a team as well. Mahomes had to carry a team as did Rodgers in college. I do I have to say that if you're going to mention OU QB's, you'd have to be thinking of pre-Baker, Murray, Hurts. In fact, I think Hurts may be the future in Philly TBH; he got a raw deal at Alabama IMHO and I'm a huge fan given how he handled himself the entire time - Wentz can should take a few pages from Hurts' playbook.

I can believe the lack of talent around Love hurt his prospects, but the better argument would be the instability at HC around him. I still contend that he hasn't shown that he can carry a team. That's my biggest issue with him. "Decision making" is something that should be able to be coached unless they're a headcase like Winston or Haskins and we've covered that he tried to play "hero ball" as someone else put it far earlier in this thread, which again, is a maturity thing IMHO. Hypothetically and rhetorically speaking, say it's 2023 and Rodgers is out the door, Adams and Jones are gone, the right side of the OL is a revolving door that's becoming a problem, and the defense isn't what it once was: is he successful? Rodgers could make it work, I don't think Love could JMO.

Sophomore Year
Love had Matt Wells and David Yost as HC and OC.
He had Darwin Thompson and Gerold Bright at RB.
His WR/TE room was Ron'Quavion Tarver, Jalen Greene, Aaren Vaughn, Jordan Nathan and Dax Raymond.

Junior Year
He had Gary Andersen and Mike Sanford Jr as HC and OC.
His RBs were Gerold Bright and Jaylen Warren.
His WR/TE room was Siaosi Mariner, Jordan Nathan, Devin Thompkins, Caleb Repp and Savon Scarver.

So, between his So. year and his Jr. year, he lost his HC and his OC, his #1 RB, his top 3 WR and his #1 TE at a small major school that isn't known for replacing guys. He severely downgraded from a coaching standpoint from Wells/Yost to Andersen/Sanford. The odds were literally stacked against him.

Edited by beekay414

9 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I believe Jordan Love’s draft prospects was hurt with the cast he played with, who may have no other NFL caliber players on that squad. 

People questioned his ‘decision making skills ‘ , his numbers decreasing so much . Ints up . Jordan Love had to push the envelope. He had to take chances because the talent around him was poor. The only way they had a chance to win was if he took those risks. 

One scout said it best that he’s going to throw in bigger windows in the pros than he did in college. Love continuously made NFL throws. It doesn’t impress me seeing guys like Mac Jones and the Oklahoma QBs throwing to largely wide open receivers. That doesn’t tell me anything about his NFL future. And you seen it with Tua where he didn’t recognize ‘ NFL open ‘ his rookie year. 

Jordan Love is an imperfect prospect, but his ceiling is huge. He really is Mahomes-esque. If he were in a OU , Ohio St or any descent school, we wouldn’t have had a chance at him . 

I’ll gladly be the conductor of his hype train. 

You had me up until the Oklahoma QB part.  Oklahoma's offensive scheme isn't anything different than any of the other spread offenses.  The only difference is that Riley does a great job calling the right plays, and putting players in a position to succed.  This isn't a Gary Pinkel offensive scheme where it's a one-read and run if that read isn't open.  And it's not a case of Alabama where he's [Mac Jones] is playing alongside multiple other future NFL players.  Without looking it up, what offensive players from Oklahoma were drafted in the last two years?

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You had me up until the Oklahoma QB part.  Oklahoma's offensive scheme isn't anything different than any of the other spread offenses.  The only difference is that Riley does a great job calling the right plays, and putting players in a position to succed.  This isn't a Gary Pinkel offensive scheme where it's a one-read and run if that read isn't open.  And it's not a case of Alabama where he's [Mac Jones] is playing alongside multiple other future NFL players.  Without looking it up, what offensive players from Oklahoma were drafted in the last two years?

Marquise Brown, CeeDee Lamb

3 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

Marquise Brown, CeeDee Lamb

They also had 4/5ths of their OL drafted in 2018 from the 2nd round (Cody Ford) all the way the 4th round (Ben Powers).  They also had Rodney Anderson drafted late but he missed most of his final year in Norman with injury. So 7 offensive players drafted in the last two years.  Alabama had 9 I believe.

EDIT: Alabama has had 2 OL drafted in the top 12 in the past two drafts.

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I’m mainly talking about wide open throws where I seen a lot of. I do not know much about schemes. Make it 3 years. Lamb,  H Brown, Mark Andrew’s??  

8 hours ago, Joe said:

Couldn't agree more, seasoned pro's are questioning his ceiling and his ability. I do think Tua can turn it around, but bear in mind Tua didn't have to carry a team as well. Mahomes had to carry a team as did Rodgers in college. I do I have to say that if you're going to mention OU QB's, you'd have to be thinking of pre-Baker, Murray, Hurts. In fact, I think Hurts may be the future in Philly TBH; he got a raw deal at Alabama IMHO and I'm a huge fan given how he handled himself the entire time - Wentz can should take a few pages from Hurts' playbook.

I can believe the lack of talent around Love hurt his prospects, but the better argument would be the instability at HC around him. I still contend that he hasn't shown that he can carry a team. That's my biggest issue with him. "Decision making" is something that should be able to be coached unless they're a headcase like Winston or Haskins and we've covered that he tried to play "hero ball" as someone else put it far earlier in this thread, which again, is a maturity thing IMHO. Hypothetically and rhetorically speaking, say it's 2023 and Rodgers is out the door, Adams and Jones are gone, the right side of the OL is a revolving door that's becoming a problem, and the defense isn't what it once was: is he successful? Rodgers could make it work, I don't think Love could JMO.

I’m not anti Oklahoma QBs. God, I wish I posted this but in October  I told a friend that Kyler was gonna be the 1st overall pick. That was when most assumed he was automatically going to baseball. 

I wasn’t in on Baker or Hurts though. I didn’t explain myself well at all. My point was that I look at their stats with a grain of salt. And context matters , just like Love’s questioned decision making. 

5 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m mainly talking about wide open throws where I seen a lot of. I do not know much about schemes. Make it 3 years. Lamb,  H Brown, Mark Andrew’s??

I mean, most offensive schemes are going to lead to open receivers.  That's not exclusive to Alabama and Oklahoma.  The reason why people are so skeptical of Alabama QBs (and Oklahoma to a lesser extent) is because of how much success they're consistently getting from their QBs.  In terms of Oklahoma QB's, they hierarchy as QB prospects was pretty clearly Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield, and then Jalen Hurts.  Despite being an "Oklahoma QB", Mayfield was 12th in ANY/A this year.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, most offensive schemes are going to lead to open receivers.  That's not exclusive to Alabama and Oklahoma.  The reason why people are so skeptical of Alabama QBs (and Oklahoma to a lesser extent) is because of how much success they're consistently getting from their QBs.  In terms of Oklahoma QB's, they hierarchy as QB prospects was pretty clearly Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield, and then Jalen Hurts.  Despite being an "Oklahoma QB", Mayfield was 12th in ANY/A this year.

Not Mike McCarthy's lol

Imagine if Love does hit.

In his short tenure Gutey will have found a QB, arguably the best CB in the league, 2 or 3 very good edge rushers,  2 good safeties good safety, pro bowl O lineman, good RB, good ILB, possibly a TE and WR, a FA Olineman playing very well. What else am I missing?

jaire

Gary, Z, Preston

savage and Amos

Elgton 

Dillon

Byrnes/Martin

Deguara

Lazars

Tuner

plus his hand in one of the best young coaches. 

keep it coming Gutey. Ready for another elite OT/ CB/IDL this offseason. 

• Like 2