1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

10 hours ago, FAH1223 said:

Lol @ Brett... saying he gave Aaron the tutorial on saying the right things

Dude is all over the place. Also said Watson should let the chips fall where they may and shut up and play; also said that Jacksonville should pick Devonta Smith.

14 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Hopefully he beats out Boyle and then gets some 4Q garbage time throughout the year after Rodgers hangs 50+ on teams. lol

I expect Boyle to leave. I think he'll want to go to a team that doesn't have a future HOFer and recent 1st round draft pick at QB. Packers will clearly expect Love to be #2 in 2021. 

5 hours ago, deathstar said:

Dude is all over the place. Also said Watson should let the chips fall where they may and shut up and play; also said that Jacksonville should pick Devonta Smith.

Brett should just find his *** a pet cause, talk about that, show up at Lambeau once a year to bask in the adoration, and otherwise STFU. 

Edited by Mr Bad Example
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

@vegas492 I saw you trashing Love a bit on the Bears' Dalton thread saying you had some inside info that he was throwing to the try out receivers, which would make sense, but also that he was inaccurate. I'm not trying to be confrontational by @ing you, and don't want to put in any words in your mouth but I think you might be taking a pretty big step in kicking our young QB on another board.

Do you believe Love won't have what it takes or any other inside perspective that would lead you to believe he won't pan out?  Sorry if you have already shared your position here, I didn't find it on a quick scroll through the pages.  I guess what I'm asking is, do you believe in Love?

19 minutes ago, Refugee said:

@vegas492 I saw you trashing Love a bit on the Bears' Dalton thread saying you had some inside info that he was throwing to the try out receivers, which would make sense, but also that he was inaccurate. I'm not trying to be confrontational by @ing you, and don't want to put in any words in your mouth but I think you might be taking a pretty big step in kicking our young QB on another board.

Do you believe Love won't have what it takes or any other inside perspective that would lead you to believe he won't pan out?  Sorry if you have already shared your position here, I didn't find it on a quick scroll through the pages.  I guess what I'm asking is, do you believe in Love?

Wasn't trashing Love at all.  Just pointing out what I heard concerning him throwing to wide receivers who were trying out for the team.  That info came to me from someone who has ties to NFL players by blood.  

I don't think it is any news flash that Love had accuracy issues in camp last year.  And if I'm being fair to Love, it isn't the easiest thing to throw to WR's that you do not know or having any timing or chemistry with.  What I do know is that one particular guy who tried out came away unimpressed with how many balls were skipping 5 yards short of him or way over his head.  Could also be that maybe he didn't workout that good and was looking for a skapegoat.

Personally, I think Love has near prototypical size.  I feel that he has great feet and escapability.  I know he has the arm strength.  I think his mechanics are okay, but he had a little hitch that I didn't like.

To me, he has potential.  But he is no sure thing.  His best bet for success is right here in GB.   He needs camps, real offseasons and real pre-season games.    I feel like this was just a lost year for him.  And when I asked the magic 8 ball about his future in Green Bay, it tells me "It is uncertain."

Not like it means much but Dillon was on McAfee and Pat made a joke about Love being inaccurate and asked Dillon if he has improved.

Dillon without hesitation was like dude he can sling it, don’t worry. He is hitting guys accurately and he can sling it.

Edit: sorry typed on my phone and it auto corrected.

Edited by Green19
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Not like it means much but Dillon was on McAfee and Pat made a joke about Love being inaccurate and as Dillon if he has improved.

Dillon with hesitation was like dude he can sling it, don’t worry. He is hitting guys accurately and he can sling it.

That's a good sign.  It would be a better sign of his progression if Boyle is not brought back and if we do not draft another QB this year.  Camp arms are UDFA's or Jags.

14 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

That's a good sign.  It would be a better sign of his progression if Boyle is not brought back and if we do not draft another QB this year.  Camp arms are UDFA's or Jags.

Boyle isn’t coming back... he wasn’t tendered or resign. Love is QB number 2.

34 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Wasn't trashing Love at all.  Just pointing out what I heard concerning him throwing to wide receivers who were trying out for the team.  That info came to me from someone who has ties to NFL players by blood.  

I don't think it is any news flash that Love had accuracy issues in camp last year.  And if I'm being fair to Love, it isn't the easiest thing to throw to WR's that you do not know or having any timing or chemistry with.  What I do know is that one particular guy who tried out came away unimpressed with how many balls were skipping 5 yards short of him or way over his head.  Could also be that maybe he didn't workout that good and was looking for a skapegoat.

Personally, I think Love has near prototypical size.  I feel that he has great feet and escapability.  I know he has the arm strength.  I think his mechanics are okay, but he had a little hitch that I didn't like.

To me, he has potential.  But he is no sure thing.  His best bet for success is right here in GB.   He needs camps, real offseasons and real pre-season games.    I feel like this was just a lost year for him.  And when I asked the magic 8 ball about his future in Green Bay, it tells me "It is uncertain."

When he chooses to use it. I didn't buy his 40 time and thought he was faster when he chose to run based on the film I saw. I also see that hitch you mention and believe that's what got him the QB comp.s to Bortles and Kaepernick. He needs to ride the pine for another 2 years at least. The current goal for him is to know enough of the offense to go out and comfortably and confidently lead a stripped down version of the offense in the event Anthony Barr strikes again. 

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Foregone conclusion. Never really developed over the past two years it looked like. Why keep him?

47 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I see him the same, really no one has a real evaluation on Love that doesn't directly work with him.  It was a bold pick but the idea behind it is pretty simple if you believe he can become a competent starter or even more.  He's got tools and we all have gone over the circumstances of his final year in college and how that brought him down, but he flashes some natural gifts that are unteachable and things like form seem to be correctable.   Processing speed and accuracy are hard to make huge leaps in but I don't concede those are his major issues.

It is true this past year was not great for any young player's development but I don't think it was lost.  He has had time with the coaches, pro quality players and time in the system.  It is this system that potentially doesn't need an A+ QB to make it go and in theory, why we could release Rodgers in a few years even if Love is not at his level -very few have ever been.

Anyway, not trying to be defensive like I said, but it did rub me the wrong way to see someone downgrading  a young player on a rival board.  We can go fight it out family style in the yard and then still play nice later.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I think you are right, but just because someone isn't tendered doesn't automatically mean they won't be back.

I hope Love is QB#2.  

14 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I see him the same, really no one has a real evaluation on Love that doesn't directly work with him.  It was a bold pick but the idea behind it is pretty simple if you believe he can become a competent starter or even more.  He's got tools and we all have gone over the circumstances of his final year in college and how that brought him down, but he flashes some natural gifts that are unteachable and things like form seem to be correctable.   Processing speed and accuracy are hard to make huge leaps in but I don't concede those are his major issues.

It is true this past year was not great for any young player's development but I don't think it was lost.  He has had time with the coaches, pro quality players and time in the system.  It is this system that potentially doesn't need an A+ QB to make it go and in theory, why we could release Rodgers in a few years even if Love is not at his level -very few have ever been.

Anyway, not trying to be defensive like I said, but it did rub me the wrong way to see someone downgrading  a young player on a rival board.  We can go fight it out family style in the yard and then still play nice later.

I didn't want Love coming out.  Pure and simple.  Not because he didn't have skill.  I just thought it was a year too early to be taking a QB.  But, the kid has talent.  And the stuff that I feel was not "right"  was fixable.

What he does have, that I don't think you can teach, is feet.  Not just scrambling, but in dropping correctly and moving in the pocket correctly.

Like when I see Trubisky run around the pocket, it looks like young Favre.  Just kindda galloping around back there.  Worked for Favre, didn't for Mitch.

When I saw young Rodgers back there, it was more calm, cool and collected.

The little I saw of Love, it looked even smoother for Love.  I just like how he moves quickly, but composed.  I don't think you really teach that.

I agree with @Joe He still needs more time.  But everything is there for him.  Honestly, I feel like he busts hard if he had to play and start last year.  The longer he sits, the more likely it is to me that he will be a quality player.  He's in an ideal spot.

• Like 1